Cannot reach the nexus login server

angelo070898

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just having the problem "cannot reach metadata server" and "cannot reach the nexus login server".

I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to open Task Manager and force closed the NMM. It logged in automatically the next time I opened it.

Edited by gambet1234

Make very, very certain (check again) that you have the latest version of NMM.

I fumed about this for quite a while before checking, and finding that I did not. Check again.

I just have to say a super huge THANK YOU for this post! I had been wondering why my NMM login wasn't working for ages and when I eventually googled it and found this page, all I had to do was update it and hey presto it worked again!

THANK YOU!!!

This has happened to me for months now. I'm reinstalling with the most updated version as I type, so hopefully that works.

EDIT: It worked! I think it didn't work before because when I reinstalled it, I didn't replace the desktop icon. So if reinstalling doesn't work for anyone, that could be the problem.

Edited by Epicazeroth

As near and far a guess as I can make as to why the Nexus login server can't be reached would be because of server overload, aka, everyone and their mother (or a large number of people) are attempting to use the server at the precise same time. Again, however, this could only be one possibility among maybe a great many, or a small few, who knows. Barring having the most up to date version of the NMM, I'd wager that all that can be done is wait a while (as the error message would imply) before re-connectivity is possible for the server handlers.