British Lee Enfield No. 1 Mk. III SMLE Rifle

jphorton

This is the weapon I'd like to see in Fallout 3, especially while picking off chumps in the great outdoor wasteland. It's rugged, got a 10rd magazine, and the report is just beautiful. I own a 1916 with all original parts and it still shoots like a champ. Many of these rifles were even refitted to fire the .308 round instead of the original .303.

It'd be an easy reskinning of the 'hunting rifle' with a corresponding .esp to change the mag capacity and change the caliber to .308.. and probably up the damage a good bit as well. Even the detachable mag would make the vanilla reload animation work correctly.

That sounds like you've got a fine example of a SMLE - But I'm a Mauser man myself ;)

I <3 my Israeli Mauser for its history as well as its rechambering in 7.62 NATO. The poor thing doesn't have matching SN's but it does shoot far, far better than any old military bolt action has any right to.. but most SMLE's and M1903's and M1917's I've fired all are much the same in that respect.

My Mosin-Nagant M44, as much as I love its huge muzzle flash for sheer entertainment value, is a crude and unrefined weapon when set next to a SMLE or Mauser.

I've never fired one, but I'd love me a nice Mauser one day. I've fired the Springfield though and have to say the extra 5 rounds in the Enfield make it twice as fun to shoot ;). I think the most important reason I would like to see the SMLE in Fallout 3 is because the wasteland conjurs up images of "no man's land" and what could go better with that than an Enfield? Until someone releases a decent WW1 shooter, I'll settle for mods!

• 4 years later...

I have created a mod for the SMLE using models from 20thCW and a new scope, but retextured the whole thing myself, and added some different versions based on quest paths taken by the player.

I can't upload it here because i "just did it" for my own benefit really, without asking for permission to re-use the assets / models. But if anyone would like to test my modifications, send me a PM and i'll sort something out.

:smile:

EDIT: Managed to track down the 3D moddeler who made the weapon model and he's more than happy for this to be uploaded, just need to do the same for the modded scope.

Edited by gibxxi