Does anyone know how to/Is there a way to Modify [This]?

dirk45

My first question is about character generation/creation: Does anyone know if you can or how to make it so any race can use any skin tone or any head?

Why not just select the race/skin tone that you want anyway? Maybe I don't I fully understand but have a look in XComGame.upk > XGCharacterGenerator > GetRandomRaceByCountry

Not sure if that's any help, but it sounds like the sort of thing you're looking for :)

Edited by bokauk

First of all: Thanks bokauk, for checking out this thread, I really enjoy your "Toolboks"

As for clarification on my thought: It has very little to do with the spawning of characters and more to do with the customization.The idea would be making all the skin tones available for each race individually OR making it so the Caucasian, Asian, African, Hispanic(or Middle Eastern) heads would be unlocked for all the races allowing for a greater combination of character appearances since the Caucasian heads are so numerous and the others so few in comparison. Either way there would be like 24 skin tones for something like 30 different heads (for females at least, I used your selective recruitment before I had this Idea so I don't know about men) across the four races.

Drakous79 and I, through some digging found Unitpalette.[insert race]Skin controls the stuff I want to change and it is referenced in several places, but we haven't been able to find the place to change that value to get the desired effect.

So, I found that changing the ColorPaletteInfo line in DefaultContent.ini like so:

ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_AsianSkin,ArchetypeName="UnitPalettes.CaucasianSkin")

Works to change the skin tones available to the race you change, so at least I know that the skin tones aren't hardcoded to the heads, like when you try to add them to the races individually. If we could figure out a way to get ColorPaletteInfo= to reference more than one ArchetypeName, then we would win. We would all win.

OR if someone discovered a way to add races, then there could be sixteen races to accomplish this task. That sounds way more complicated, so probably not.