Feminized Power Armor

Sillius

Im currently reworking the t-45d armour on paper as per request, and i guarentee you, its not gonna look like a Catsuit.

Catsuit... no no that's not what I meant at all, trust me I hate the idea of armor that's supposed to be 90% sexy and 10% functional, sure make it look attractive or whatever but make sure the damn thing does it's job too - the whole 'chain-mail bikini' concept annoys the hell out of me and the in-game Female Metal armor is simply ridiculous - 0% abdominal or pectoral protection, just asking for a perforated lung or gut shot! :pinch:

What I meant was consider the style but then zap it with the magic Fallout-fashion ray-gun: bulk it up, make it look like it's power armor and not some bodysuit + armor tacked on top.

Go from this: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/cobalt945/Image1.jpg To this: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/cobalt945/Image4.jpg

The idea of a feminized T-45d sounds like it'll be great and probably fit the game better, I just wanted to clear up what I meant.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think the issue is that no matter how shapely the armour is, its STILL power armour, it need to afford the greatest protection in the wastes, so while it still gives away the female form, its still armour that is built like a tank. The only eldar that use anything close to power armour are the Dark reapers. Eldar Banshees and guardians just use mesh and aspect armour, with a stinking 5+ save, Marines with their stonking power armour have a juicy 3+

Buy a new Eldar Codex already before you stick your foot further down your mouth . :P

Guardians, Rangers = 5+ (Equivalent to Fallout Leather Armour)

Dire Avengers, Banshees, Fire Dragons, Swooping Hawks = 4+ (Equivalent to Fallout Combat or Metal Armour)

Exarchs, Dark Reapers, Striking Scorpions, Warp Spiders, Autarchs = 3+ (Equivalent to Fallout Power Armour)

Phoenix Lords = 2+ (Better than Power Armour)

If the Wh40k Eldar could offer anything towards a less bulky power armour that still offers protection but also gives agility then the best armour to look at would be that of the Striking Scorpions.

In general I would think that Feminized Armour would be more about increasing the wearers agility than the strength, whilst still offering the same kind of protection as regular Unisex Power Armour.

im curious as to why servos and pistons have to be bulky such as afore mentioned samus aran, or even ironman that armor was very durable AND streamlined. just because its motorized dosent mean you have to look like a transformer

You're right. Crysis shows us a rather realistic interpretation of a suit using Electro-Active Polymers (basically synthetic muscles) for actuators instead of pistons and motors, thus the streamlined look, although it does seem to lack any kind of armor plating.

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2008/06/Our%20Boring%20Masked%20Heroes/Finished/crysis--article_image.jpg

It's a real technology currently in development as we speak, however in Fallout lore the T-51b uses HiFlo hydraulics, which would necessitate a somewhat clunky appearance for the pre-war power armor models involving either pistons or rotary hydraulic motors (round, drum-like actuators).

On the other hand, I think making a streamlined, relatively form-fitting black suit with bundles of EAP muscles visible in the gaps between armor plating would look awesome for the Enclave as well as make it visibly more advanced than the pre-war stuff. And because of the slimmer profile of such actuators, it could be made more recognizably feminine.

Hell, maybe we should just put together an whole power armor pack, complete with female variants, that does away with all the vanilla meshes....

Catsuit... no no that's not what I meant at all, trust me I hate the idea of armor that's supposed to be 90% sexy and 10% functional, sure make it look attractive or whatever but make sure the damn thing does it's job too - the whole 'chain-mail bikini' concept annoys the hell out of me and the in-game Female Metal armor is simply ridiculous - 0% abdominal or pectoral protection, just asking for a perforated lung or gut shot! :pinch:

What I meant was consider the style but then zap it with the magic Fallout-fashion ray-gun: bulk it up, make it look like it's power armor and not some bodysuit + armor tacked on top.

Go from this: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/cobalt945/Image1.jpg To this: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/cobalt945/Image4.jpg

The idea of a feminized T-45d sounds like it'll be great and probably fit the game better, I just wanted to clear up what I meant.

The second pic looks remarkably like a T-51b... Throw the right helmet on with a few other minor details and that would make a great remesh for the boys and a good starting point for a female model.

Eh.. suppose it does a little, the FO1 T-51b that is, to me the FO3 T-51b looks like a fat guy in a tin-suit. The few T-51b video shots in parts of FO1/FO2 do look quite good though.

It was just a quick little edit of the Guardian image, I was aiming for Tactics Power Armor / Fallout1 BoS sort of mixed style to give off that Walking-Tank aspect that the game really doesn't deliver with the current Power Armors.

*Deep Sigh...

I came to these forums looking for black re-texture of the FO3 T-51b. Then I saw this thread and thought it was a cool idea... seven pages later... :blink: I'm not sure what to think. Some of you are obviously very creative! And others really just FoS. I don't understand why you can't appreciate a game for what it is without placing all kinds of extraneous notions on it. And yes, I played played FO1 and FO2, and even played FO:BoS. I was even a member of NMA at one point. But for crying out loud!

To those who want to be creative. Just get on with it... do something! Let some of the rest of us TRY IT out and see what we think. But the rest of you should go play a game and learn to "hold your peace". Let the people who are creative, be creative!

Now I will take my own advice and STFU! :whistling:

Oh!... to UlrickS - thanks for the .50 cal mod! I was really wanting to find a Barret that survived. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. :confused: The creative people on this thread are getting on with it (as far as I can tell, anyways). We're certainly not trying to impede anyone's progress, just having a friendly debate over aesthetics.

And what are these extraneous notions you speak of? Are you talking about all the arguments about what Fallout 3 should've been and all the speculation on what is and isn't canon? Limiting the argument to this thread, yes, we have strayed into that a bit, but only to the extent of trying to find female power armor designs that fit well with the world originally created by Black Isle Studios and most recently recreated by Bethesda. It seems to me that is the very embodiment of appreciating a game for what it is. We could be talking about a total conversion, scrapping the game in its entirety for something completely new...

Ahhh Samus Aran.....my first love. Anyway, kudos to R4y30n...I've been thinking about synthetic muscles the entire time I've been on this thread. I would imagine by 2077 we'll have come a long way with that particular technology and therefore I believe it wouldn't seem terribly out of place in the FO universe. It would allow for a sleeker "Powered" style armor that would satisfy all of our adolescent cravings of chicks in tight clothes. If nothing else a perk along the lines of the dermal impact armor in Fallout 2 or the adamantium skeleton of FO3. Electro-Active Polymer Musculature Perk = Slightly increased carry capacity, and greater resistance to crippling of limbs...hmmm....Personally I would like to see someone replace the femal Sexy Sleepwear with a corset and garter belt and stockings...oh yea...

Well, on that note, I've been contemplating how cool it would be to have two paths toward battlefield supremacy: putting on a suit of power armor, or going under the knife for some serious cyborg implants and mods (think Ghost in the Shell; the manga, not Oshii's anime rehashes).

Pinkerton didn't seem impressed by the Institute's android technology, imagine bringing him an Enclave power armor suit for him to rip the components out of to be implanted into your own body?

Anyways, I digress, anyone who wants to hear more of my ideas on that topic gimme a shout and I'll start a thread (with an essay for a description, no doubt :) ).

Back on topic, I think the T-45 (Or T-47 as some call it) should retain that clunky feel, as it was the first power armor out there. The Enclave suits and the T-51b should get the EAP muscles as well as complete makeovers for both genders in the interest of making them sleek intimidating war machines (I always liked the bird-like appearance of the FO1 and FO2 Enclave helmets, and the slick apearance of their suits). You could even make those muscles noticeably change gameplay a bit (aside from differing strength and/or speed boosts). Compared to hydraulics they're silent, so you could throw in hydraulic whine sounds when moving and add sneak penalties to the T-45d's and make the T-51b and Advanced Mk II silent aside from, perhaps, the quiet hum of a fusion reactor while suffering no sneak penalties.

Archived