Possible to lock in re-scaled bone settings on skeletons

AlphaWoIF

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6520/52637015.png

As you can see it the above picture i am planning to add zoltan the from the witcher 2 , and re-scaled the skyrim skeleton bones via nilfskope to fit his dimensions.

The only problems is as soon as i load an animation the skeleton resets to the original scale.

is there a way to lock these settings or is there no way around this.

Are you only trying to change the dimensions of certain bones or scale the whole thing? If you want to scale the whole thing, I'd shrink the model to fit the skeleton and then scale it back up in the CK. Would probably help if you mentioned if you're using 3ds max, Maya, or Blender, although that screenshot looks like 3ds max to me. Edited by Stemin

Are you only trying to change the dimensions of certain bones or scale the whole thing? If you want to scale the whole thing, I'd shrink the model to fit the skeleton and then scale it back up in the CK. Would probably help if you mentioned if you're using 3ds max, Maya, or Blender, although that screenshot looks like 3ds max to me.

scaling is easy and i can handle that in the ck what im trying to do is re-scale the dimensions of particular bones to fit the anatomy of the dwarf as the normal skeleton don't fit right. This problem could be why we have never seen any dwarf mods i wonder

so far i changed the calve bones from 1 to 0.8. thighs the same reduced the npc root bone down to lower the skeleton back to the ground and stuff like that.

but once you load an animation on to it in 3dsmax its played as a normal animation but ther bones all reset back to original proportions .

starting to think that you prob have to create new animations for it ,but i think its possible to convert them via motionbuilder.

Edited by AlphaWoIF

I faced the same problem creating my Toa race models. To save new skeleton proportions you need:

1. Scale body and limbs bones in 3ds max (only uniform scaling)

2. Change scale transform in same bones to same values in skeleton.nif via NifScope and save it as new nif file to Meshes/Actors/YourRace/character assets/.

3. Skin and export your model

4. Create a new race in CK and assign your new skeleton.nif.

I didn't load animations in Max, but in CK and in-game it works fine!

I hope that will work not only for me.)