Gothic 4: Arcania

Kresselack

I didn't know there was a Gothic 4 in production, but I guess that shows my level of interest in the series so far. However, as I now know there is a fourth game, I looked into it and the tile does look semi-interesting. If they allow you to build your own characters it will be much more appealing, although there have been great games -like The Witcher- that forced you to play as Mr./Miss./Mrs. "X."

I recently looked at the screenshots for the new Gothic 4 coming out. They look amazing and there is even leaked gameplay. This game might beat Oblivion if it successfully launches.

Screenshots

We've heard that before. I don't see how it could beat Oblivion. While they are both RPGs and share some similarities, they are pretty different. Gothic while in some aspects is very non-linear, its still more restrictive than Oblivion. Also does it have a construction kit? ;)

Those screens are pretty beautiful though. I am looking forward to Gothic IVs development.

The game should really be pushed on its own merit instead of being an "Oblivion Beater"I remember a couple of hyped up titles that were meant to be Morrowind beaters...

gothic 1 beat morrowind for me ;) well it wasnt necessarily better but i played that instead of mw...

but i agree that one can not compare the two with ease...

and no there usually is no construction kit for gothic tho some really good mods were made using the sdk... which can be called a cs maybe but is definately not comparable to the tescs

as to 3... not the bugs were my problem but the boredom... no unique treasures to be found for example and other things like quite some quests which are just annoying and not entertaining...

• 4 weeks later...
.. Do not.... I repeat do not buy the gothic 3 Forsaken Gods, its its WTF was anyone thinking releasing this. You think gothic 3 was buggy, my god.... I played 15 minutes and had to uninstall. I am now going out now destroy this thing, 20.00 for a target! Great, what fun... pull! I hope gothic 4 is better, something needs to reclaim the feel of gothic 2....

.. Do not.... I repeat do not buy the gothic 3 Forsaken Gods, its its WTF was anyone thinking releasing this. You think gothic 3 was buggy, my god.... I played 15 minutes and had to uninstall. I am now going out now destroy this thing, 20.00 for a target! Great, what fun... pull! I hope gothic 4 is better, something needs to reclaim the feel of gothic 2....

Gothic 2 was one of the best games I've ever played. Three was OK, but they changed too much and I still haven't finished it. Maybe with the community patch I'll start it over since it fixes a lot of bugs.

I haven't seen Forsaken Gods here in Australia, but then I haven't really looked.

BUT, just reading the Gothic: Forsaken Gods Forums makes me shiver with horror. :blink: :ohmy:

This is the Technical help page:

http://forum.jowood.de/forumdisplay.php?f=796

It seems to have more holes than Swiss cheese. I really hope Gothic 4 is different and I might be wrong, but I think I read it's being made by a different developer than Jo Wood. So that has to be good.

Archived