SW:TOR F2P

spets21

Yeah the game definetely feels like a huuuuuge single player game. The stories are really interesting especially with all the choices you can make. I would love to be able to play this game with no limits but I really don't have the money to spend on a subscription, especially when my internet tends to vary in speed a lot. There are a lot of things they could do that would make it a great game.

Honestly I feel like if it had a Guild Wars type of setup were you buy the game and get to play it forever they could attract a lot of people, and by attracting a lot of people they would get more money. (They have a cash shop thing now don't they? I really feel like they could get a lot of people by dropping the subscription entirely and making it to just buying the game gets you the full thing permanently. Then they could make money out of the shop as well. Idk though I guess it might not help. It really just seems like the more logical and economic choice.) I mean it seems like anyone who really reads about the F2P gets turned away by it and that its not attracting that many people. I'm going to try it again sometime when my internet is running faster.

Edited by K00L

@pavy If you are referring to article at gamasutra? I find that piece "Brutal" but "Honest". I agree that F2P is atrocious and that the author of the article hit it on the nail. F2P is just a marketing tool to draw people into becoming a subscriber, which was what EA intended it to be.

It would be nice if EAware would actually listen to feed back like this. But, as we all know any press on SWTOR is good press on SWTOR if it gets people to take a look at the game. That article is spot on. Beside fixing bugs, if EAWare actually listens to the author and others that share this view, they could have a very succesful product. Right now they are skimming the edge of mediacrity at best.I was never really one to believe all the EA is evil stuff. But I do think it's obvious that EA was behind the rushed conversion to F2P in under a year. Usually takes large MMOs a good year or two before such a large scale change like this.

@Firemans Yes there is, 4 Quick Bars now instead of the previous two.(lol) And to top it off Swtor is celebrating it's first year anniversary by giving all players 25 pcs fireworks(lame)along with more additional bugs from update 1.6 and news of the upcoming makeb expansion.

Yes it was on gamasutra.

Although i havent played the game myself, i been following it for almost a year...troll posts...critique posts....positive posts...i read it all.

I was interested, but the biggest thing that put me off was non-open world...i mean its star wars....i love to explore stuff, but after seeing the vids about the exhaustion zones....no matter how much people hate wow, the feeling of exploring is epic in that game and i was immagining something like that.

In my opinion the biggest mistake they did was to let bioware make an mmo, i mean these guys were good at doing signle player story-driven games not mmos and while the story must certainly be epic, it does shows that they kinda werent really planning in the long-term and the stories became a double-edged sword.

While they were epic, they sucked all of their resources and little was left for the game itself, wich for an mmo is kinda a killer i say.

They should have gone for balance, leave the stories voiced and everything else text....i just cant immagine how insane that must have been to voice everything.

After the last Aion update where they totaly killed rifting, i wanted to give it a try, but after seeing what they did with f2p, ill pass.

That's funny about not playing but following the articles about it. I do the same thing. However, that's because I came from SWG, which let's be honest, LA forced it down so that their failed new SW:TOR online game could take the subs. Anyways, did you play SWG pavy?

Edited by lonewolf_kai

I have to rename my character (after having to delete one of them. I had 3. :\ ). I wish it would have let me choose a new server since they merged them or whatever. Edited by K00L