remove gore elements from the game

yinhh

Hi All,

MushroomCloud's Gore Tweaks is pretty cool, but I'm wondering if someone can create a mod to remove other gore elements from the game (things like bloody body parts as "scenery textures", as well as active objects like gore bags).

Replacing all gore textures with something else will probably do it, but it seems pretty complicated and I cannot figure out how to do it properly.

Setting bDisableAllGore=1 will not disable scenery gore elements, which tend to be more disturbing than blowing one's head up or having a hug with a feral ghoul.

Would using the exe file from German version get rid of scenery gore elements? I don't have those files (Fallout3ng.exe, Fallout3ng.exe.cat, and Fallout3ng.exe.cfg) mentioned here so cannot try it.

Thanks in advance

Theoretically it might work if you used the German version, but I'm not positive.

Compared to games such as Dead Space, the gore in FO 3 is really pretty mild, but I can see how the imagery might offend some people.

i dont think its censored in germany... maybe the "action" gore (green blood or screws lol) but not the "scenery" gore

but i cant say for sure didnt buy a german game ever due to this crap... xcept gothic that is... and this wasnt censored in any way

but you could ask the german youth ministry to check the game and theyll prolly indicate it... you wont gain much friends this way tho i bet and beth prolly wont make a censored version afterwards...

Hi All,

MushroomCloud's Gore Tweaks is pretty cool, but I'm wondering if someone can create a mod to remove other gore elements from the game (things like bloody body parts as "scenery textures", as well as active objects like gore bags).

Replacing all gore textures with something else will probably do it, but it seems pretty complicated and I cannot figure out how to do it properly.

Setting bDisableAllGore=1 will not disable scenery gore elements, which tend to be more disturbing than blowing one's head up or having a hug with a feral ghoul.

Would using the exe file from German version get rid of scenery gore elements? I don't have those files (Fallout3ng.exe, Fallout3ng.exe.cat, and Fallout3ng.exe.cfg) mentioned here so cannot try it.

Thanks in advance

Why would you ever want to do this? Fallout is designed (and always has been) to be a violent game. It contains prostitution, drugs, torso explosions, mutations, radiation sickness, (and thanks to Fallout 3) the ability to totally obliterate a settlement of peaceful people (including at least two children) with a nuclear device.

Krun, I'd say chances are pretty good the the OP is a younger kid and his parents don't want him playing a violent game. Where there are worse games gore-wise out there, Fallout 3 is still quite bloody. Even if this isn't the case, he may just not want to see a bunch of blood and guts everywhere, which is equally understandable. While I'm quite pleased with how violent this game can get, more casual gamers may just be looking for an entertaining play without all the disturbing imagery.

Personally, I don't care much about the "Fallout" universe. I'll only download mods that look like they fit in (IE- New weapons and weapon textures should have a gritty, heavily-used appearance). But, say, somebody makes an M4A1 model for the game. I won't refuse to download it on the grounds that the Fallout universe never had such a gun, so long as it looks like it fits in.

An easy fix to the scenary gore would be to open the console click the gore and type "disable" without quotes on the gore. I doubt the german version will be completly without scenary gore. A more permanent fix will come when and if the cs comes out.... that is if you want one ^^

Thanks for the replies, I think it is just a matter of taste. :thanks:

An easy fix to the scenary gore would be to open the console click the gore and type "disable" without quotes on the gore. I doubt the german version will be completly without scenary gore. A more permanent fix will come when and if the cs comes out.... that is if you want one ^^

Thanks for the info raikien! I tried it right away and it works like a charm :biggrin:

The addresses themselves are local to a particular scene ("cell"?), but the resulting change after using "disable" does seem to persist. I tried to remove bloody patches on the ground of Rivet City clinic (yeah that is not gore, but I just used it as an example...), then fast traveled to somewhere else, fast traveled back, saved, loaded, and those bloody patches are still in a disabled state :banana:

I guess I can also use DeleteReference (zap) instead of disable, to remove an object from the scene, I'm not sure if it is safe though, since I don't know how to add it back afterwards...

I can make a batch file for each scene. And then use Bat to clear up anything I don't want. For example, save this as RemoveBloodInRivetCityUpperDeck.txt and put it into Fallout 3 directory, and type Bat RemoveBloodInRivetCityUpperDeck in the console when I'm at the upper deck.

PRID 368ea

disable

PRID 368eb

disable

PRID 368ec

disable

PRID 368ed

disable

I guess I can start working on my own Project Purity in Fallout 3 now. With a respawn time of 10 years, a lot of disables, and with the help of save fred 1 perhaps, I can tranform the capital wasteland to my Garden of Eden :sorcerer:

Archived