Collision and stairs

Sebo85

I got this issue reported for one of my mods and I'm not able to resolve the issue

"Loving the new update at least on the wide doorways. They look much more seamless and snap nicely. However the wide stairs collision problem is one that seems persistent for me. Every time I exit and restart the game or fast travel away and the cell resets, the wide stairs have the issue. If moving to third person view you can see the PC is above the stairs and bumping the ceiling. Had hoped that got knocked out with this update but no luck."

It's about the vanilla vault wide stairs which I made craftable and snappable.

I don't have 3ds max and I can't edit the collision on those stairs IF this causes this issue anyway. Also, I did navmeshed and finalized it if THIS causes the issue.

I put the nif in the attachments, maybe someone can tell me whats wrong in here.

Thank you!

Edited by Sebo85

Well, i've checked the "original" NIF from fallout4 meshes and the collision looks good. Thus, it seems that something goes wrong when you modified the mesh.

You may try to delete the bhkNPCollisionObject (the whole branch) from you NIF and replace it with the collision object from the original.

If you load you NIF in CK, open the preview window and hit F4. You should see the collision as a red overlay and the stairhelper as a white overlay.