Expanded Jewelry Selection.

mewmew34

I have what I think should be a pretty simple request for modders. I would really like to see the selection of jewelry increased. I plan to make rings for my character and her husband *I have a mod that will let me have him wear the ring* but I can't make the ring I really want. There are no options for Silver Emerald, or Silver Sapphire rings. I can make them in gold, but not silver, and I prefer silver. :( There are other rings and necklaces that can't be made as well, like Gold Sapphire necklaces, if I remember right, and others like that. I would like to see some simple recolors added as new items, that would allow for someone to make a ring or necklace in gold or silver, with ANY gemstone option they want.

If anybody is feeling a bit adventurous and knows about meshes and such, I also wouldn't mind seeing rings that use three gems. One standard sized one and one small one on either side. According to Talen-Jei, Argonian wedding rings consist of three gems *amethysts* but you can't actually make or find rings like that. Having the option to make a ring in gold or silver, any gemstone, that uses three stones would also be nice.

Making the new pieces in the CK should be easy enough for you to do on your own. All you really need is a modified texture. Grab a dds plug-in for gimp2 and recolor away. You can use FOMM to unpack the original textures from the bsa.

I'm working on a personal customization of Leveler's tower atm, but if you run into issues drop me a PM and I can try to help.

Making the new pieces in the CK should be easy enough for you to do on your own. All you really need is a modified texture. Grab a dds plug-in for gimp2 and recolor away. You can use FOMM to unpack the original textures from the bsa.

I'm working on a personal customization of Leveler's tower atm, but if you run into issues drop me a PM and I can try to help.

How would I put them in the game as completely new items and not as an override to the original stuff? I found a video tutorial that gives a quick basic on the FOMM and the DDS plugin, but it only shows how to override a default texture, not how to create an entirely new item. I'm pretty slow when it comes to computer stuff so I really want to make sure I have an idea of what I'm doing before I start. The roommate will kill me if I mess up his computer or his game. XD

How would I make them craftable as well? If I'm going to try and do it myself I want to try and make it an actual *albeit small* mod I can upload here and on the Steam Workshop.

Edited by mewmew34

I forget which video I used for the base on what to do, I think it was one for making non-replacer weapon, but the idea is the same. There are some for armor pieces to, which might be better since that is basically what jewelry is. I don't think the videos explain though that you need your textures, and if new one are used meshes, in a folder in your data folder. When you set the item up in the CK you assign them to the item so they need to be there to have the correct path. Then when you set up your archive(zip,7z,rar) you need to include them in the same folder tree along with your esp file.

Simplest way is to find the item you are retexturing, duplicate it, and then edit the dupe to your item. Then it wont replace the original. Then do the same with the crafting and tempering recipes and it will be craftable. But do both or you won't be able to temper(upgrade at workbench/grindstone).

I did that with Auriel's bow, and made it into a craftable, enchantable bow with better speed, but the original is still in the quest with the original enchant. Made a nice retexture of steel arrows to go with it in silver and blue, since they were made to go with the Silverlight armor mod from here on the nexus.

If you have any trouble finding what you're looking for hit me back here and I will try to find the video I used and reply with the link.

Ok so after looking at the meshes and textures, rings and amulets do it kinda backwards. The patterns are still done in the textures but the coloring is actually done on the mesh itself. To get the combos you want, will have to actually copy the mesh files and recolor each one individually. Then use the new mesh to create the item in the CK. Which I finally got mine running again after the 1.8 patch. And all this has gotten intrigued (aka i refuse to let it beat me) So I am gonna see what I can do about making a Silver Emerald ring, just to see if I can.

Edited by khotus

Not that it really matters, but in case you look at a ring/necklace texture and wonder where the color is, the gemstone color in much of Skyrim's jewelry is set for the relevant vertices, not through a color in the texture.

Cirlets withOUT gemstones would be nice.

Silver Circlet.

Gold Circlet. etc..

@mewmew34 I went through and got the mesh to work right, so I made a Silver Emerald ring. Was actually kinda easy so I will be making more combos for rings and circlets as I get time. Here's the link for the mod More Jewelry Combinations . Keep an eye on it for when I get more added.

@thefinn there is a mod that adds some really nice circlets without stones here KDcirclets full. Some have stones but some don't and they all look really nice.