Skyrim 1.8 Crashes

Aranas23

Have got the same problem ram useage seems to spike constantly, I know all my mods use the CK so no TES5Snip or other 3rd party tools, game has been pretty darned unstable since patch 1.8 my load order at present....

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

LB_MuchAdoSnowElves.esm

LegendarySouls.esm

Omegared99-Compilation.esm

SkyMoMod.esm

SPIKE.esm

JSwords.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

moonpath.esm

SkyrimSewers.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

ApachiiHairFemales.esm

ApachiiHairMales.esm

XFLMain.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

NPCEssential - Stable Masters.esp

NPCEssential - Priests.esp

NPCEssential - Followers.esp

NPCEssential - Miners.esp

NPCEssential - Farmers.esp

NPCEssential - Citizens.esp

NPCEssential - Carriage Drivers.esp

NPCEssential - Caravan Traders.esp

NPCEssential - Horses.esp

NPCEssential - Vendors.esp

NPCEssential - Trainers.esp

NPCEssential - Lumberjacks.esp

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HighResTexturePackFix.esp

realrainCoT.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

BellyachesNewDragonSpecies_FactionlessDragons.esp

Crafting300.esp

HigherLevelEnemies.esp

Immersive Brigands.esp

Immersive Dawnguard.esp

Immersive Patrols.esp

Immersive Werewolves.esp

LegendarySouls.esp

Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and BOOZE.esp

More Enemies.esp

More Enemies 1.0.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp

skymo-dawn.esp

DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp

Chainmailhauberks 1.1.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

JoOsSkyrimKnightlyArmory.esp

JoOsSkyrimKnightlyArmoryCheat.esp

JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp

MECR_Classic_Nord_Shields.esp

MorrowindArmor.esp

Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp

WVExpansion.esp

Ket_WEAPONIZER.esp

Crafting300 - No Perk Tree Edits.esp

Monster Wars.esp

Ancient Watchtowers.esp

archaeologistguild.esp

BetterDarkBrotherhood.esp

ESFCompanions.esp

LB_MuchAdoSnowElves_Quest.esp

moonpath_questdata.esp

Radiance.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

TEG_TelvanniHall.esp

TEG_Wizards_Of_Winterhold.esp

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

GloriousGrass.esp

GloriousGrass PineForests.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

Lower Training Cost and 10 times per level.esp

MasterTrainers100.esp

forested_skyrim.esp

SummerSkyrim.esp

More Exp Chance.esp

SkyRe_Main.esp

SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp

SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp

3DNPC.esp

XFLDialogue.esp

XFLPlugins.esp

Atvir.esp

CompanionValfar.esp

HothFollower.esp

Immersive Followers.esp

herman.esp

BobbyBonesCompanion.esp

CerwidenCompanion.esp

EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp

WATER.esp

TartanStormcloaksPlus.esp

guardarmor.esp

DFG.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

FortFrostTowerV02.esp

KingdomOfForsworn.esp

Rise of the Ancient Falmer.esp

UmbraNocturnum.esp

Lurking in the shadows.esp

Nightmare.esp

pc specs amd bulldozer 8150 8 core @ 3.6 ghz 32gb ram radeon 7970 catalyst drivers 12.8 (too many problems with 12.10)

Anybody got any idea maybe to improve my load order?

Well, I can see a few issues there:

1. You should be using only 1 of those:

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

2. UKSP provides the same fixes as Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp - apart from 'sweet roll' dialogue. Depends on installation order, one would overwrite SPIKE.esm master file.

3. Bashed Patch, 0.esp should always be last in your load order (with a couple of exceptions, i.e. Automatic Variants), why are there some ESPs loaded after it?

I can also see a few more duplicate ESPs for mods I am not familiar with (i.e. JoOsSkyrimKnightlyArmory.esp/JoOsSkyrimKnightlyArmoryCheat.esp) - are you sure you should be using both?

Now a few questions:

Did you read mod descriptions & installation procedures throughout for each and single of those mods?

Which SKSE version are you using?

Is it installed properly?

Do you use BOSS for your load order?

Yes I use BOSS for my load order the mods beneath the bashed patch are those BOSS doesn't recognise, I only have one cloaks esp enabled, have been checking again and again with mod authors but very few give any clear idea about load orders, a few unrecognised mods I sorted myself, thanks for a response, load orders still giving me a headache lol

JoOsSkyrimKnightlyArmoryCheat.esp is disabled but it comes installed along with the main esp, it is disabled, I am using the latest version of skse, just need a little guideance on load orders for the mods BOSS doesn't recognise. unofficial skyrim patch is installed first so guard dialogue after, this is also because it is used by the latest version of imersive armor

Yeah I know I have been using the user rules for a few mods but the ones below the bashed patch, am not sure where to place them. I know Lurking in Shadows should be low down due to the fact it uses the vanilla 'courier' to start the quest, aside from nightmare all the other mods add places quests so would they go below TEG_TelvanniHall.esp and TEG_Wizards_Of_Winterhold.esp as they both add to places with quests and new stuff, or above those esp's, as am assuming load order wise thats where they should go? Nightmare is a mod where I can determine how many critters spawn, split into prey/predators/creatures/npcs, similar I guess to ASIS but more like monster mod more spawns, would that go maybe below immersive creatures/more enemies? As both include new creatures/variants and mini bosses, thanks for all you're help so far....

My game also often crashed when interacting with the menus ingame after 1.8 forced itself into my dear Skyrim. But it disappeared when I updated SKSE to 1.6.5 and iHUD to the matching 2.0.2 version (I originally had previous versions installed of both). Good ol' SkyUI is working as flawlessly as always.

My game likes to crash when I hit the escape key to bring the menu up for a save. It's not doing it now, but it's done it on and off over the months. It gets into some mode where it does it a lot, then it stops. Since I am constantly messing with mods (adding,deleting,updating), I'm sure it's related to that. It's also more likely to happen if a lot of npc's just spawned nearby or there is a large battle occurring when I want to save. Sometimes I save using the console instead. I also have to use the BOSS User Rules, to avoid crashes at character creation or modification, and possibly at other times. The different race and character generation mods have to be in a certain order for things to work consistently and correctly. BOSS doesn't recognize all of them. But none of this is really specific to 1.8. I'm not really seeing any change caused just by updating to 1.8. I have started completely new characters though, so that might have something to do with it. Old saves may be problematic for some people, depending on what is in them.