First time want to play Skyrim - need help

Bi5hop

You could expand the grid window though, couldn't you? That's what I did whenever I started getting that much stuff. At least, I think I remember that... lol.

I *really* didn't like oblivions - the color took the immersion right out of the game for me, made it feel wayy too cartoonish, but at the same time, l'm not sure l'd like this ui as a console user either. it's simply...awkward, no matter how I look at it. Even if I were using a controller, i'd still end up hvaing to scroll through an astronomically long list of items after a bit of gameplay.

Its even worse when you have a small item that you have to hover over to see what it is. Darnified UI fixed the oblivion UI.

I haven't read yhe whole thread, so apologies if those were already advised to you. For the first playthrough I would feinitely recommend vanilla Skyrim + DLC's (including DLC HD texture packs) + the below mods, that will not change any game mechanics, but simply enhance your menus to be more user friendly:

SkyUI, Categorised Favourites Menu + CFM ONI Edition.

Once you complete the playthrough, please look at this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11 - this is the best and most comprehensive guide to safely mod your game I know of. You can use it to establish a safe base that will be as close to vanilla as possible and then try some of the mods mentioned here: http://skyrimgems.com/ to enhance your experience.

Any questions please drop me a PM, always happy to help.

Thank you all for help and your advices.

First I will try vanilla but with Duel - Combat Realism. I really don't like original combat system - it is very simple, just repeating the script - you don't have control over combat. I'm a big fan of M&B: Warband, and when you used to combat like that - everything else is weak.

I really don't understand how they make such a weak and shallow combat. Better combat system have "Severance: Blade of Darkness" from 2001.

Thank you all for help and your advices.

First I will try vanilla but with Duel - Combat Realism. I really don't like original combat system - it is very simple, just repeating the script - you don't have control over combat. I'm a big fan of M&B: Warband, and when you used to combat like that - everything else is weak.

I really don't understand how they make such a weak and shallow combat. Better combat system have "Severance: Blade of Darkness" from 2001.

Have fun exploring Skyrim!