Skyrim 1861 mod

iorchestra1837

Looking to see if anyone is willing and/or able to create a mod designed to advance Tamriel into the middle of the 19th century. While playing with the Project Flintlock Mod, I thought it would be awesome if the rest of the world matched this space-age technology that few high fantasy universes rarely ever seem to reach. The idea would be to create custom clothing, armor, and weaponry that would resemble the real world's history from roughly the 1840s to 1860s, so things like percussion muskets, breech-loaded rifles, top hats, Kepis, frock coats, and technology that would reflect a universe where magic is a thing--perhaps a mage rifle, where instead of sparking the black powder in a rifle by mechanical means, magicka would be used. Just a thought.

Additionally, it would be nice to change the equipment of soldiers to give them firearms and sabers, and create new outfits for them to wear based on military uniforms from around the time. I thought that this could be done by either replacing the original models for the equipment they already have, or modifying the units themselves to have to have the new things while keeping the vanilla in-game, to give the players some options.

Skyrim would retain its heritage though, and so I would think these things should still bare some of the aesthetics of the Elder Scrolls universe. Unless there is enough ambition for it, I don't see a need to replace buildings and such with more Victorian ones; These buildings have been here before and people still use them.

I just got the creation kit yesterday and am still learning a lot of things. I'm no programmer or modeler, but as soon as I learn how to do so, I would like to at least work with some retextures and such.

No promises, but over winter break I'm going to try to make a mod that replaces all the Stormcloak armor with Confederate uniforms and Imperial armor with Union uniforms, with general uniforms for officers and leaders, along with other changes to make it like the American Civil War. I'll also make it so that they only carry rifles from Ghosu's mod.

No promises, but over winter break I'm going to try to make a mod that replaces all the Stormcloak armor with Confederate uniforms and Imperial armor with Union uniforms, with general uniforms for officers and leaders, along with other changes to make it like the American Civil War. I'll also make it so that they only carry rifles from Ghosu's mod.

If you need any help with reference material let me know...I used to make museum quality reproduction Civil War uniforms. I studied the uniforms and equipment for over ten years and have hands on experience with original pieces.

I did find someone who can help with my mod idea, and we do plan on making a Springfield Musket model that would suit the Civil War outfits better than the Flintlocks.

The most common infantry weapons were the three band muzzeloading rifle muskets, Model 1861, Model 1863 ( a simplified wartime production model of the M1861), the Model 1842 smoothbore (and first US army percussion musket designed as percussion) was widely used both in the Union armies and in the Southern armies. The Pattern 1853 Enfield was also widely imported and used by both sides because its calliber was virtually the same as the US issue .58 caliber musket since the Enfield was .577 caliber and was of equal quality to the US manufactured arms. US arms were left in the white...polished steel unblued with case hardened locks while the Enfields were fully blued except the ramrods with case hardened locks. All of these muskets used a similar triangular socket bayonet thay locked onto the right side of the barrel and used the front sight base as a retaining lug with a rotating locking ring that secured the bayonet securely in place. I would stay away from any two band rifles because they saw very limited use. Cavalry carbines are numerous...Sharps, Burnside, Smith were fairly common and were breech loaders.

Modeling weapons is the easy part...I did this WWI Imperial Gewehr 98 in a couple days. Let me know if you need a model or two. ;)

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/Gewehr98MultiView.jpg

Edited by Jennifur68

Well, my idea was to make fictional weapons that resemble the real world guns and, maybe, fit into the tiers (iron, ebony, etc.) If you feel like being creative, I'm looking for guns that resemble the Springfield muskets, Chassepot rifle, Henry Rifle, Brunswick Rifle, and Martini-Henry. I would certainly appreciate anything.

trying to keep the Dwermer look to a minimum, though

Edited by iorchestra1837

A Musket I can Understand but a Bolt Action is going overboard anyway Bethesda Already made a game with Guns they call the game Fallout 3.

The Gewehr 98 was an example of my work...it wasn't an offer to use it.