FOMM el archivo existe

MadridCastillo

• 1 month later...

The language of the forums is "English". While we try to accommodate other languages, we usually have to use a translation program such "Google Translate". In your case, it identified your language as "French" but it contained a number of terms that looked to be similar to "Spanish", leaving it muddled and not understandable.

Therefor this response was translated into "French".

It would be best if you first translated your text to "English" through a translator program, then checked the translation back into your own language to check it says what you intended. We can usually deal with a poor translation, but not one with mixed or misidentified languages.

Google translates:

La langue des forums est "l'anglais". Alors que nous essayons de s'adapter à d'autres langues, nous devons généralement utiliser un programme de traduction tel que "Google Translate". Dans votre cas, il a identifié votre langue comme "français", mais il contenait un certain nombre de termes qui ressemblaient à "espagnol", le laissant confus et incompréhensible.

C'est pourquoi cette réponse a été traduite en "français".

Il serait préférable que vous traduisiez d'abord votre texte en «anglais» via un programme de traduction, puis que vous vérifiiez la traduction dans votre propre langue pour vérifier qu'elle indique ce que vous vouliez. Nous pouvons généralement traiter une mauvaise traduction, mais pas une langue mélangée ou mal identifiée.

-Dubious-

• 1 year later...

Question Google translated from Spanish:

"I just reinstalled the FNV and when I want to put mods that I have saved it says this file already exists. (He even does it with mods that he hadn't used before)"

and

"The same thing happened to me and I don't understand why. Will you have the solution?"

Response:
'Installed' and 'used by the game' are two different things. If you did not uninstall FNV and then delete all the associated directories before re-installing it, files may remain. In addition, you may have downloaded your mods to a location on your disk drive that is separate from the game location so they would still remain. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' entries in the 'First Timer Advice' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

* Did you install Steam to it's default location? (GOG is not a problem as it places the game correctly.) If so, please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more but didn't change it for older games); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. Among other things, later versions of Windows (since the game was released) force files in "system protected" folder trees to be "read only" regardless of how you set them manually. It includes instructions on how to correctly move the Steam folders out of that folder path.

Don't move it to a folder under "User\Documents" either, as "executable" files are not permitted to run from there for similar "anti-malware" reasons.

This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. System updates often cause issues with games installed to these folder trees. With the game moved out of the default location you will not need to be running it as an "Administrator Account", which is safer. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last set it up. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions, is kept "up-to-date", and covers years of "lessons learned" by a retired Technical Support expert. It is NOT a list of various mods to install that happen to work on the author's machine; only "the essentials". It addresses fundamentals underlying how to get the basic game and mods to work together. At least 90% of everything I post in the "Technical Support" sub-forum is already in that article. Once you can play a test game to at least Primm, only then should you try adding other mods from some other "guide".

* Finally, as you mention FOMM in the title: make sure you are using the "Forked" version of FOMM. None of the versions are able to "update" downloaded mods from the Nexus site any longer because the API they used has been shut down. You have to manually download files and their updates.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent