How do you install mods?

RezSig11

I'm having almost the same problem.. Cept when I change bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and I go into the game, at the load up menu.. doesn't even get that far, the game crashes and says its had an error. I'm pretty sure I did all the rest right, putting all the stuff in the acrhiveinvadliation and in the right spots.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having almost the same problem.. Cept when I change bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and I go into the game, at the load up menu.. doesn't even get that far, the game crashes and says its had an error. I'm pretty sure I did all the rest right, putting all the stuff in the acrhiveinvadliation and in the right spots.

That happened to me but it was because i had duplicate entries in the Archiveinvalidation.txt file.

i'm having problems with the esp mods.

i have them installed and everything but when i check them in the data files menu in the start up menu. but when i click ok then got back into the data they have unchecked themselves. i don't have a clue what to do. can anyone help?

i have them installed and everything but when i check them in the data files menu in the start up menu. but when i click ok then got back into the data they have unchecked themselves. i don't have a clue what to do. can anyone help?

They won't stay selected for some reason.Try checking them then loading your save.I check mine every time i play.I've heard that you don't have but i do anyway.

They won't stay selected for some reason.Try checking them then loading your save.I check mine every time i play.I've heard that you don't have but i do anyway.

Okay thanks.

i'll try it.

That was a good suggestion gandalf.. Went through, deleted all the duplicate entries.. it still crashes.. Oh well, least I tried.

Here is just a sample of the paths in mine.Are yours the same as far as starting with textures or meshes?Also i found a mod that had all back slashes instead of forward.Another mod had misspelled textures lol.

textures/architecture/megaton/metalscrapshingles04_n.dds

textures/architecture/megaton/metalscrapshingles05_n.dds

textures/architecture/megaton/metalscrapshingles06_n.dds

textures/architecture/megaton/metalscrapshingles07_n.dds

meshes/armor/lingerie/outfitf.nif

meshes/armor/wastelandclothing01/outfitf.NIF

meshes/armor/metalarmor/f/glovel.nif

meshes/armor/metalarmor/f/glover.nif

meshes/armor/metalarmor/f/outfitf.nif

Have you checked to make sure the paths are correctly pointing to the files?

Yeah I did gandalf.. I even got rid of all the mod stuff I put in there, cleaned out the Archiveinvalidation file.. Then a singular test, put just 1 mesh/texture mod in, made sure the Archive file was right.. still crashed.. So I havent a clue anymore.. I'm totaly lost.

Are you changing the correct ini?