How do you install mods?

RezSig11

i'm having problems with the esp mods.

i have them installed and everything but when i check them in the data files menu in the start up menu. but when i click ok then got back into the data they have unchecked themselves. i don't have a clue what to do. can anyone help?

Use FOMM to start Fallout 3. This way all your Mods will stay checked and it's much easier to see what you've got loaded.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm having problems with the esp mods.

i have them installed and everything but when i check them in the data files menu in the start up menu. but when i click ok then got back into the data they have unchecked themselves. i don't have a clue what to do. can anyone help?

Use FOMM to start Fallout 3. This way all your Mods will stay checked and it's much easier to see what you've got loaded.

okay thanks.

err

FOMM is fallout mod manager right?

i'll dled it right now.

Yeah I did gandalf.. I even got rid of all the mod stuff I put in there, cleaned out the Archiveinvalidation file.. Then a singular test, put just 1 mesh/texture mod in, made sure the Archive file was right.. still crashed.. So I havent a clue anymore.. I'm totaly lost.

What OS are you running?If Vista do you have UAC or User Account Control turned on?Also, if Vista with UAC turned on, could you try installing to your c:/ drive instead of program files?If Vista, is it the 32bit or 64bit version?I'm starting to get frustrated along with you LOL.How much ram do you have?Did the game ever run?If yes can you remember what happened just before it started crashing?You can pm me with the answers if you like.

Heh full specs.. AMD64x5000+, 2gb ram, 8600GT, XP32 SP3.. so no real UAC to speak of.. and yeah the game runs almost 99% perfectly smothly with the bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 thing.. only when I make it bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 does it crash at the load screen. I've beaten it twice, and logged about 50 hours in the game with it set to =0.. Without it on, my only problem is the trying to turn the game off, causing exiting it leaves a black screen that requires a reboot, yay for upcoming patches that hopefully fix!

Heh full specs.. AMD64x5000+, 2gb ram, 8600GT, XP32 SP3.. so no real UAC to speak of.. and yeah the game runs almost 99% perfectly smothly with the bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 thing.. only when I make it bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 does it crash at the load screen. I've beaten it twice, and logged about 50 hours in the game with it set to =0.. Without it on, my only problem is the trying to turn the game off, causing exiting it leaves a black screen that requires a reboot, yay for upcoming patches that hopefully fix!

Huh?I don't get it.I know you've already checked your paths in archiveinvalidation.txt file...You tried just one mod..I don't know.

Have you tried the mod ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated?Supposed to do away with the need for ArchiveInvalidation.txt i haven't tried it myself because so far the mods are working.Knock on wood...

I get a crash on exit every once in a while.Freeze ups a little more often.

I hear you about the patches.Hopefully the patch won't introduce any new problems. :rolleyes:

Yeah I have that acrhiveinvalidation invalidated mod thing.. doesnt appear to do a darned thing either.. that or I just completely borked that install up

No its installed right.. no idea.. and since apparently no one has the same problem.. guess I just have to do without textures.. man that sucks.

Yeah I have that acrhiveinvalidation invalidated mod thing.. doesnt appear to do a darned thing either.. that or I just completely borked that install up

No its installed right.. no idea.. and since apparently no one has the same problem.. guess I just have to do without textures.. man that sucks.

That is just plain bizarre! Sorry you couldn't get it fixed. We can only say "We tried".

Well, good news and bad news.. Turns out the patch that beth put out was the problem I had it installed. So I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and now I can use textures and binvalidate=1 now.. bad news is, now the entire games running at about 2-3fps, even at the menu/loading screens.. So a quick test to see if the textures worked, took about 20 minutes to get in and out when it should have only been a 2 minute run. Yay for Beth's messed up game optimizating! =P

Uh yeah.. it was laging this bad before I put the new textures and altered the binvalidate stuff, so I know that didnt cause it. Now to move onto this problem.. joy! :wallbash:

Well, good news and bad news.. Turns out the patch that beth put out was the problem I had it installed. So I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and now I can use textures and binvalidate=1 now.. bad news is, now the entire games running at about 2-3fps, even at the menu/loading screens.. So a quick test to see if the textures worked, took about 20 minutes to get in and out when it should have only been a 2 minute run. Yay for Beth's messed up game optimizating! =P

Uh yeah.. it was laging this bad before I put the new textures and altered the binvalidate stuff, so I know that didnt cause it. Now to move onto this problem.. joy! :wallbash:

:blink: Man,that's extremely low,there are a lot of people having the same problem.One guy said he cured his by running in windowed mode.Pretty ironic that the patch is what was causing the problem.I didn't install it for it didn't list many fixes.Also read that some are having problems with corrupted saves.Same as Oblivion.I disabled all auto saves and i'm not using quick save either.Here's a site i found for tweaking fallout perhaps you might find something there that will help.

TweakGuides

EDIT:I just read that turning off HDR solved the fps problem for some.