Immortal Vampires

DanteWrath

I have to admit, although the ideas presented to make vampires stronger do have more of a skyrim feel to them, I still actually prefer the idea of them only being killed in certain ways. Its much more fitting with almost every type of vampire lore other than skyrim.

Plus, it could be extended to other creatures for example:

Werewolves - Can only be killed by Silver.

Ghosts, Wisps, Wisp Mothers - Can only be hurt with iron, spells or enchanted weapons.

Skeletons - Take significantly less damage from arrows and swords.

And possibly more.

Although expanding like that would be a mammoth task, it would make skyrim a lot more interesting. If you were planning to be an adventurer, traveling around doing all sorts of different quests, then you would have to come well equipped to handle all the possible foes you may face.

It would also add a new level of strategy choosing the weapons during a fight, as well as a new challenge. Not to mention the difficulty if you ever faced off against two creatures each with different weaknesses.

The skeleton thing is a BAD idea, since skyrim skeletons are already very resistant to most forms of magic. It makes more since for a skeleton to be badly hurt by physical weapons since they have no form of physical defense. I do admit, arrows should do next to nothing against them though.

The main problem with the other things is, if you don't have one of those weapons and encounter that kind of enemy, you pretty much have to reload another save to get away. No one wants to lug around 6 different weapons just in case they run into a specific kind of enemy. I do admit, I think the ideas are cool, but mods need to be user friendly and practical as well. :) I just think they should be waay easier to kill with those kinds of weapons. Like trolls with fire. If you could ONLY kill them with fire, they would be far more annoying of an enemy, and if you don't have a good fire spell/fire enchanted weapon, you'd have to reload a save just to get away from it. (OR run really really fast if you encountered him outside)

I dunno, I'm just saying balance is key. xD