Can you believe...

acidzebra

[Have you by chance thrown that poor man's remains into the lighthouse fire?

I did place his remains in the lighthouse fire as he wanted...I always read everything and keep the journals so the fate of people isn't just forgotten. I don't know if I'm weird like that but its kind of important to me that people are remembered and their journals kept safe.

I do the same thing, it started in Fallout 3 where I'd just enjoy having lots of notes in my Pip-Boy and went out of my way to get as much information as possible. it naturally extended to Skyrim with me collecting any journals and notes I found. Now it's reached a point where if I leave a dungeon and remember "Oh, I missed a journal/note that I know was there" I have to go back in and get it, it's become a compulsion. I must collect notes and journals or I simply go mad, I've become obsessed with collecting any and all information. Luckily it does not extend to just any old book, I will take unique, rare or special books however.

Due to how book-cases work and how thin most journals and especially notes are I tend to let them stay in a chest, but that's good enough. I don't need them displayed, I just like knowing that I have them.

Somewhat on topic, there's still lots of places I haven't discovered and I've been playing for about 900 hours according to Steam. II figured I should add something related to the topic at hand rather than just talking about how Skyrim has made me develop a minor case of OCD.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found new dialogue with Farengar. I must have talked to him a thousand times by now and I only got this once. It happened when I ran ahead of the Jarl and talked to him first, he rambled on about some experiment and I got a dialogue choice about taproot with (Alchemy) beside it. It let me continue the conversation without him talking to Balgruuf. Anyone else seen different lines with him?

I found new dialogue with Farengar. I must have talked to him a thousand times by now and I only got this once. It happened when I ran ahead of the Jarl and talked to him first, he rambled on about some experiment and I got a dialogue choice about taproot with (Alchemy) beside it. It let me continue the conversation without him talking to Balgruuf. Anyone else seen different lines with him?

I had something similar where I got to tell him "Watch out, you're about to step into your own shock rune", to which he replied something like "Huh, I didn't cast a... Ah I see, you have some knowledge of the higher arts." and then he would give me the bleak falls burrow quest before Balgruf talked to him.

I think your destruction (or maybe any other magic school) skill needs to be high enough, or alchemy in your case.

@Inquart: Oh, it's been there since the beginning. I distinctly remember the scattered bones injuring my low level character while I was trying to sneak. Such a klutz, I am! :facepalm:

Really, it's been there all the time, even without Dawnguard? Well, I guess I haven't explored that cave as thoroughly as I thought before, then. Thanks for clearing that out for me, though.

Something new i just discovered, swimming around in the water off the NE coast... An over turned boat, and whne i dove on it... Slaughterfish galore, and two slowly floating skeletons, Skeggar and Avard, drifting towards the surface... I guess those thins really can strip you to the bone. hundreds of hours and i never found that...

Something new i just discovered, swimming around in the water off the NE coast... An over turned boat, and whne i dove on it... Slaughterfish galore, and two slowly floating skeletons, Skeggar and Avard, drifting towards the surface... I guess those thins really can strip you to the bone. hundreds of hours and i never found that...

You've probably been there already, but just in case - I believe their camp should be somewhere nearby.

Edit: I have just discovered a small camp with two dead Refugees and a wolf, halfway between Bonechill Passage and Helgen.

Edited by Inquart

• 1 year later...

I once got a radiant quest to find something in Stoney Creek Cave, Roggi's Ancestral Shield I think it was. Go to the cave searching and searching can't find the damn thing. As I'm searching I'm bouncing back to the map hoping it would give me a clue and the marker location had changed position slightly as though it was further up the mountain. I'm thinking wtf and that's when I find the ruins and that light orb thingy.

The quest item was in one of the falmer chests.