Creation Kit - Have Multiple Cells Rendered At Once

UlithiumDragon

Hello, I'm trying to work on a mod that adds to an area that consists of more than one cell in the Tamriel world space. The problem is that the Creation Kit refreshes the cell view in my render window while I move around to add this and that, making it very difficult to work with, especially since I often have to press F5 to get all the objects to load up properly every time the render window refreshes. I was wondering if it's even possible to tell the Creation Kit to render more cells closer to my point of reference, or to tell it that I want certain cells to stay rendered...? Needless to say I'm getting very frustrated trying to mod the area, and the Creation Kit is criminally undocumented on the internet in terms of custom features (the Creation Kit Wiki is extremely lacking in content). Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated!

Edit: Unchecking "Allow Render Window Cell Loads" in the Render Window Properties menu is a partial fix, but I have to re-check it, move to the new cell, and uncheck it again, so I'm still hoping that there's a better way...

Edited by UlithiumDragon

Just like with skyrim.ini you can set ugridstoload in your skyrimeditor.ini (except it lives in the same directory your tesv.exe is in). I've got it set to 9 (set it to odd numbers btw) but if your computer can't hack it of the scene is very complex... crash goes the CK.

Aaaand you will still have to press F5 a lot.Just one of those things. But are you editing in more cells at the same time? Just focus on the one you're working in, then move on to the next.

My general finding with the CK is when you try to force it to your way of working (whatever that is), you're going to have a frustrating time. If you, on the other hand, adjust your work flow to the CK, everything goes fairly smoothly.

Edited by acidzebra

In the CK go to file > preferencess > misc down near the bottom is "grids to load" default is 5 change the 5. I use 9, have tried 11 and 13 with no problems. Would suggest you start out with smaller numbers and go up if needed. Yep have to use odd numbers, and you have to change this everytime you load the ck, small iritation compared to everything disappearing.