Mods not working even with mod manager.

AkiLeaves

Sounds like you may have load order issues, or a mod that needs Skse or the like.

Have you downloaded and run BOSS for load order? BOSS is a regular program, not a mod. If you download the installer version it will install itself like a regular program. The BOSS GUI is extremely easy to use.

Ckeck the boss for displaying the log as a text file (not html), and then you can cut/paste easily to a post.

After you run BOSS, read through and take care of any messages about conflicts, needed .esms, etc. Once you've done that, if it still isn't working, you can post that mod list and people can possibly give you more specific help.

Edit--if you just connected to steam for the first time, you probably just got updated to the 1.8 patch. You will need to make sure you have the correct version of skse, if you use that.

Never used SKSE before, so I'm unsure how to use it. I downloaded it and extracted the files into my Skyrim folder, so within the Skyrim files, there is an SKSE folder, which I think is right?...

Not sure what to do with SKSE, but right now I am ONLY trying to get Skyrim Redone to work, but it isn't working at all. That is the only mod I'm trying to get working at the moment. Once that works, I'll worry about the rest.

ok here would be my step by step, uninstall any mods you have, make sure its just skyrim and nothing else, then check skyrim works fine on its own, then check which version of skyrim you are using, if its below 1.8.151.0.7 then you need to update it in steam and reinstall SkyRe using NMM

if NMM is not working for SkyRe your gonna have to install it manually, which isnt too hard, but can be a pain in the ass (but you learn some good lessons about modding)....basically where folders are is very important, and where different files are is also important.

your main skyrim folder should be located at; Steam > Steamapps > Common > Skyrim - this is where you will find the TesV.exe file, within this folder there are a few other folders but the only important one is the one called "Data" which is where almost all modding stuff happens. (dont be worried if your skyrim folder is somewhere else it doesnt really matter, as long as you know where it is your fine :) )

All .bsa files and .esp and .esm files should all be in the "Data" folder, any folders including meshes or textures should also be put in this folder, if a mod asks you to merge a folder say yes, if it asks to overwrite something you usually, but not always say yes (if using a mod manager i always say yes, if im installing manually but i know that its only overwriting another mod i usually say yes and if its overwriting vanilla (original pure skyrim) then again its usually a yes, depends if i know the mod is changing a vanilla thing :) ).

anyway theres a little bit about modding which should help you understand a bit more, how NMM works is it basically unpacks the contents of the mod into the Data folder like you would manually, except its automatic and remembers other mods and stuff too(its also why a NMM compatible mod is packaged in a certain way).

anyway to SkyRe specifically download it to a known place, unzip the archive using 7zip, then open the folder and you should find several folders and a few .esp files

fomod

interface

meshes

scripts

skyre_docs

sound

textures

SkyRe_Combat.esp

SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp

SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp

SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp

Skyre_Main.esp

SkyRe_Main_NoDawnguard.esp

SkyRe_Races.esp

SkyRe_StandingStones.esp

now you need to copy all of those folders and all of the .esp files you want (each one is a different module of SkyRe, so if you want the combat changes but not the racial changes copy SkyRe_Combat, but not SkyRe_Races....likewise with SkyRe_Main and SkyRe_Main_NoDawnguard, only pick the relevant one!) and then just paste them all into the skyrim Data folder, once thats done use the regular skyrim launcher, go into Data files and make sure theres a tick next to everything you want to use or it wont work!

so if your game is upto date, theres no other mods installed and installing manually doesnt work we'll go from there :)

also SKSE is pretty irrelevant to you right now, its an extender for more advanced mods and whilst its needed to fully appreciate SkyRe its not a necessity (its only needed to use the Elys Community Uncapper which lets you edit the perk points per level and rates of leveling and stuff)

Edited by tredmillion