Mogrul's Crimes? (Dragonborn DLC

Vercalos

With the nature of Mogrul's character, he's undoubtedly committed crimes, so I feel like there should be a solution to A New Debt where you can investigate him, and then take evidence of his crimes to Captain Veleth, Adril Arano, or Lleril Morvayn, and have him arrested, so he can no longer send goons after you for a debt you never took a loan out for.

That would be nice. I stood at the farmer's stand, and listened to Mogrul threaten his wife's life. That would have been a beautiful time to torch him publicly, but alas...rules.

As an alternative, you can lead him outside of the bulwark and kill him, though. After you send Drovas over to be Neloth's new Steward, go back to town. When Mogrul sees you, he'll begin walking toward you. Walk out of town to the farm house, or somewhere you can be out of sight. Don't run too far ahead of him, or he'll turn around, but if you stay at a normal pace, he'll keep following you. When you're away from prying eyes, you can do away with him. I remember sniping him in games past, but this time he was unkillable until after I let him threaten me. If you can't kill him straight away, he may need to say his piece first. His sidekick slitter sometimes comes with him, sometimes stays in the tavern. Not hard to find him without prying eyes around.

That would be nice. I stood at the farmer's stand, and listened to Mogrul threaten his wife's life. That would have been a beautiful time to torch him publicly, but alas...rules.

As an alternative, you can lead him outside of the bulwark and kill him, though. After you send Drovas over to be Neloth's new Steward, go back to town. When Mogrul sees you, he'll begin walking toward you. Walk out of town to the farm house, or somewhere you can be out of sight. Don't run too far ahead of him, or he'll turn around, but if you stay at a normal pace, he'll keep following you. When you're away from prying eyes, you can do away with him. I remember sniping him in games past, but this time he was unkillable until after I let him threaten me. If you can't kill him straight away, he may need to say his piece first. His sidekick slitter sometimes comes with him, sometimes stays in the tavern. Not hard to find him without prying eyes around.

For what it's worth, I'm aware of the possibility of assassinating him(which I eventually did in my current playthrough), but this post is about modifying the quest to have alternate solutions to paying him off or killing him. He's a loan shark, and he's clearly engaged in shady activities. Hell, even the letter from the Thugs he sends after you could be considered evidence of some of his criminal activities.