Jin Roh Power Armor

greatbigjerk

This would make an awesome Chinese Power Armour. But what sort of stats should it give? In Fallout 3 canon, the Chinese were behind the Americans in making power armour, so I guess that should be reflected here as well? I mean technically it's not power armour per-se.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. the helmet and mask are already existent for download, with the red eye vision that you can choose to turn on every time you equipt (not power amour yet though, but thats easy to change)

All that needs doing is the body amour, which isn't actually that detailed compared to some others. and the MG 42 with a belt mag (if you used the minigun holding animations for it then it would be perfect!)

there are totally 2 people on the planet that can make fully functional armors atm or do at least bother to do that tiresome and tedious work... malo and growlf... and they rather make sexy bikinies and panties than some bulky armors :P

so its kinda pointless to bump this thread atm...

i mean give it a try and use malos tutorial... lets see how devoted you people really are to this armor ;)

So, uh, is this actually bieng made?

I personally would love to have that amour in game.

Well I'm working on the armour that goes with the helmet and mask I made, but I'm not yet at a stage where I'd be comfortable sharing any renders of my work. I'm aiming at making as accurate a replica of the armour as I possibly can, so there are a lot of details that have to be just right (like the curvature of the surfaces and whatnot), which takes a lot of time due to not having real blueprints to go by. In addition to that, I'm going to attempt making the model with baked normals, so the model I'm currently working on isn't even the "in-game" version - it's just a high poly for baking purposes, so I still need to model the actual mesh that is going to be put into the game itself.

As for the progress, I'm done modelling most of the armour plating with the exception of the vambraces, but there's still a quite a bit of work left on the armour plating in terms of fleshing out details like nobs, strap retainers and nylon buckles; I also still need to model most of the clothy areas such as the torso undercoat and the gloves, but there's no point in making those parts until I'm done with the armour plating, as that covers up a lot of the cloth anyway. Once all the roughs are done, I figure I'll give a go at increasing the amount of detail on the "organics" (ie. the cloth and curvy bits of the armour) using Mudbox or Zbrush, or similar software. And that's just for the high poly model.

Once I'm done with that, I still need to make the low poly, UVW unwrap it and get the normals correctly baked at which point I can consider rigging the mesh onto a skeleton, which in itself will be a pain in the butt and which most likely also will require me to re-design the low poly due to the mesh not behaving like it should and still looking cool.

On top of that I also want to play the game a bit when the coming DLC is out, so... well... I'll be done with the armour when it's done. :D

Archived