Any suggestions on horror games?

bruniss

Hi ppl!

I just finished the F.E.A.R saga (awesome by the way), and I was looking for some other action/horror game to play. I know I should probably play Dead Space but somehow the first one bored me :S.

I've already played Amnesia -what a great game-, and I've got my eye on Condemned-Criminal Origins and DOOM BFG Edition, just waiting for them to be on sale on Steam.

Would you recommend me another? :)

Thx in advance!

Penumbra.

STALKER is creeping me out a bit, I just started playing it. Dead Space is great, you should play it :P

DOOM 3 is stupid in my opinion. But it does have some scary parts. Hmm...

I agree with Brokenergy about Silent Hill. That's always creepy.

I can't think of much else right now. I have to play FEAR 2 and 3 sometime... I feel like I have to since I don't know how it ends... I just feel like they aren't as good as the first. The third feels especially... less fun.

Penumbra.

STALKER is creeping me out a bit, I just started playing it. Dead Space is great, you should play it :P

DOOM 3 is stupid in my opinion. But it does have some scary parts. Hmm...

I agree with Brokenergy about Silent Hill. That's always creepy.

I can't think of much else right now. I have to play FEAR 2 and 3 sometime... I feel like I have to since I don't know how it ends... I just feel like they aren't as good as the first. The third feels especially... less fun.

You should definitely tri FEAR 2 and 3, they are all really fun, but not that scary at all. There are some parts, true, but not like the first one. Nevertheless they are awesome shooters.

If you have any Source based games check out the mod Nightmare House 2. Kind of on the shorter side but definitely a great story to keep it interesting and a good scare.

Another Half Life mod that used the earlier game engines is Afraid of Monsters - Director's Cut. Again, even though it's a mod it is the scariest game I have ever played. I had trouble getting past certain parts of the game because I didn't want to continue and see what was waiting to freak me out next.

If you have any Source based games check out the mod Nightmare House 2. Kind of on the shorter side but definitely a great story to keep it interesting and a good scare.

Another Half Life mod that used the earlier game engines is Afraid of Monsters - Director's Cut. Again, even though it's a mod it is the scariest game I have ever played. I had trouble getting past certain parts of the game because I didn't want to continue and see what was waiting to freak me out next.

OK I'm definitely gonna try this next! Imma look for some gameplay on youtube and then I'll download it. Thx man! :)

OK I'm definitely gonna try this next! Imma look for some gameplay on youtube and then I'll download it. Thx man! :)

I would stay away from watching a let's play for either of these mods. The vast majority of let's plays for them on youtube involve people annoyingly talking over much of the game, usually with whiny screams, which simply ruins the atmosphere of what a horror game is supposed to be.

I think both of them have gameplay footage from the devs on their respective moddb pages.

Edited by Passb

That's what I couldn't think of! Call of Cthulhu was great.

And another mod, Underhell I remember being creepy. They only have released the prologue and you need Half-Life 2. It was also weird I think. Fun though and a good story so far from what I remember.

That's what I couldn't think of! Call of Cthulhu was great.

And another mod, Underhell I remember being creepy. They only have released the prologue and you need Half-Life 2. It was also weird I think. Fun though and a good story so far from what I remember.

Was just reading the description on moddb, this looks like a good one. I'll have to check this one out as well, I can never get enough of HL2 mods.