NPC Health, Health Offset, Racial Health

pw508

I've had this question for a while and never bothered to ask, but it finally got to me.

In CK/Tes5Edit, there's three different values for NPC health. There's racial starting health in the race category, both health offset AND health in the NPC category.

My question is how do these values add up? Do they all add, or do some override others? I have a broad understanding of how it works, especially the health offset part, but I'd like to know specifically.

Take a basic bandit for example. It's starting racial health (nord) is 50. In the NPC category, it's stats are 25 health, -25 health offset. So to work out it's health is the formula 50+25-25? Or does the health value in the NPC tab overwrite the racial health?

Another example is Draugr Overlord, racial starting health is 50, specific NPC stats are 100 offset, 210 health. I'd assume 360 total health, but they made the system fairly complicated and I'd like to get a clear cut understanding of how exactly it adds up.

I know this seems fairly easy to test but I don't want other variables to influence stats in game such as NPC health per level or class health stats.