Converting Counter Strike mods to New Vegas?

Zazoomah

I saw on the nexus some people convert some Counter Strike weapon mods and put them in New Vegas.

I want to do the same, but this is for personal use.

Anyways, I have been having some trouble converting the mod I want to convert to New Vegas. I have managed to open up the VTF file, save the file as a jpeg, and open it up in gimp. But I don't know what to do next. There aren't any tutorials anywhere.

So if anyone can help, I would be grateful :)

Edited by Zazoomah

I'm in no way an expert, but from what I've gathered of porting it all depends in what format the files are.

afaik it's most likely the models you are porting are in .obj or .3ds format.. while you will want to have .nif formats .. so you'll need blender or 3ds max with the .nif add-on to convert them into .nif files.

After that you'll be wanting the textures. If they're in .vtf format you'll have to export them to .tga format. Then have GIMP with the .dds add-on export them into .dds files ..

That's basically it in a nutshell.

Google a Blender tutorial if you need some help with importing/exporting the models. Also I'm pretty sure you'll have to customize on the weapon where the projectile leaves the rifle, etc. I found it easiest to open up an existing weapon and replacing various parts that were needed for what I was porting.. It's been quite a while though! Hope this helps out a bit.

Edited by apixaez

• 2 months later...