Barret M468

SecondxPlace

Can't we just start with a simple M-16 and add this as a possible reskin?

That's exactly what I'd suggest doing. There's really nothing special about the M468 except for the Barrett name stamped into the receiver - beyond that its just another AR15 in one of the scores of possible configurations and calibers.

6.5 Grendel is a better choice than 6.8 SPC anyway ;)

That's exactly what I'd suggest doing. There's really nothing special about the M468 except for the Barrett name stamped into the receiver - beyond that its just another AR15 in one of the scores of possible configurations and calibers.

Well, it also has a full stock and a CASV RAS (which is an ugly type of RAS). Really though, it would be easier to mod in an M4 and then take that model change the RAS put on a full stock and add it in as a weapon that has a slower rate of fire but slightly more damage and uses the 6.8 round.

Well, it also has a full stock and a CASV RAS (which is an ugly type of RAS). Really though, it would be easier to mod in an M4 and then take that model change the RAS put on a full stock and add it in as a weapon that has a slower rate of fire but slightly more damage and uses the 6.8 round.

The 6.8 SPC & 6.5 Grendel variants don't really suffer any drawbacks compared to the 5.56 in rate of fire - on full auto they all cycle between 650-750 rpm depending on how hot the ammo is as well as the particular parts used in that particular weapon.

The magazine capacity is limited to between 24 and 28 rounds depending on the magazine and whether it was made specifically for its cartridge or retrofitted from a 5.56 magazine. I'd say the reduced mag cap and the insanely rare and expensive ammo would be enough of a drawback.

To be totally honest, I don't see how 6.8 SPC would be able to fit anywhere in the FO3 world. Thanks to the GECK it isn't far fetched but outside of AR15 variants, there's virtually no other weapons that fire it. There's a lot more to be gained from incorporating ammo that is used in a large variety of weapons - Not wildcatter rounds that got whipped up in some garage or shop with 5.56 brass and sizing dies that somehow made it to commercial production in the wake of people whining about the 5.56's terminal performance.

Archived