dlc a piece of crap?

chuml3y

I purchased both dlc over the weekend. i had not played since june and everything was working fine then with my mods that were all working together just fine. an update to the file format and the dlc have somehow corrupted my game to have some major bugs.

i crash to desktop when trying to enter house i built at windstad manor.

also i crash to desktop when trying to start the dawnguard quest when opeing the dawnguard front door.

what gives? anyone else experiencing these problems?

im running windows 7 64 bit

I'm not sure about the Windstad Manor crashes but I seem to recall people having crashes entering Fort Dawnguard because of mannequin mods...if you have any try disabling them or updating them to Dawnguard friendly versions if they're available then try entering the fort. I'd also reccomend the Unoficial Dawnguard Patch if you don't already have it. I use all three unoficial patches for Skyrim, Dawnguard and Hearthfire. Edited by Jennifur68

ok, well i know i have the mist top retreat mod, it has manaquins that are animated, so thats probably my issue. it took 8 hours to move all my gear into that house so it looks like i will be moving it all out to remove that mod, sucks. also thnks for the patches, i will get those up and going as soon as im done moving. this sucks cuase i really liked that house, best house mod in my opinoin out there, very organized and very hoarder friendly.

thanks again for the help, i was wondering about that mod if it was an issue

EDIT: here is an update, moved my gear to another vanilla house, unloaded the mist top retreat, got all the patches, still not able to enter into the door. i am still getting the game cache error in steam. it says 1 file missing and will reaquire but it never does.

sucks....

Edited by chuml3y

1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired. just checked it again. im not sure where to proceed. i updated my video drivers for gtx 560ti tonight too. i noticed in a forum post about going to game files and doing the dxsetup.exe etc. i am unable to get the dotnetfx35setup.exe to load up. it shows it in the file but it does nothing even when trying to open as administrator. i found after google search where to change the settings for this, still after making the change and rebooting, it still doesnt work. i am wondering if this same thing is related though to the steam error? im not sure, any ideas and help would be appreciated since i paid 25 bucks for dlc content that doesnt work at all.

im frustrated, suggestions anyone?