Fixing plotholes

tnu

Hello, I'm looking for mods that serve to fix plotholes in the main game, especially the main quest. Everything is fine up until Project Purity comes in to the picture and your dad is killed. His utterly senseless suicide attack is what bothers me. It serves absolutely no purpose and just makes no sense as they couldn't get the purifier working anyway.. Then there's the matter of how the Enclave got in to Vault 87 and why they waited for you to get the GECK. None of it has any reason to it whatsoever. Edited by tnu

I'd guess dads suicide attack is so he kills the leader of the enclave and puts them into disarray to let his child escape. Maybe if Autumn was holding the player at gun point in some way it would work better.

As for the second point they must know that a GECK is needed from your dads notes and they must be following you or have a spy in the brotherhood to know you went for that vault (or maybe they have access to vault techs databases so they know that is the only vault nearby with a GECK.) Still that doesn't explain how the got into the vault. Maybe if dialogue was added to little lamplighters that mentioned them hiding from power-armored men shortly after you passed through and maybe seeing them drag you off it might seem more realistic.

I suppose they wanted to capture you anyway (to get the code and Eden wanted to see you) and they'd loose a lot of men attacking the super mutant stronghold so they probably hit two birds with one stone by waiting for you to get the GECK but as for them getting into the vault there really should be some way of explaining it like I mentioned in my above about them marching through lamplight or even just the player can ask them how they got in and they say the enclave have there ways.

That would have been perfect, especially since most of the kids were perfectly easy to hate as they were written. But then you couldn’t do the Fungus Deal. Edited by tnu

There really is a simpler solution, when a bunch of scary men in power armor arrive you hide. but the other roblem is that the cutscene itself suggests they came through that locked door which means they arrived through the main Vault door.