The Weather Mod -We need Radioactive rains!!

msalgado

My suggestion and request is rain.

Is it only MY fallout or we really have NO rain? Why? The sun is still shining, so water would still form clouds, although radioactive ones, which would pour radioactive rain!

It would add a great deal of depth if you looked to the skies and thought DAMN, its going to rain! And had to start looking around for some shelter...

I would suggest something slower than oblivions weather that would change from a sunny day to a storm in less then a minute.

But imagine! Radioactive rain, the need for shelter... that would make the wastelands aeven more dangerous... and would explain even more the need for project purity... and why so many animals are mutated...

Hmmm... come to think of it... we could see more mutated plants also... cause of the water...

But is another idea.

Given what people are already finding in the code ("horses ridden", etc.) I'd be surprised if they took much OUT, rather just turned stuff off.

Although weather was something I felt was missing since I first played F3, I was playing Gears of War 2 yesterday (!) and there was a map that had bursts of rainfall that hurt you... made me think exactly as was posted above, how cool and immersive it would be in F3 to see the first drops of radioactive rain start to fall when you're out in the open, and run in panic for cover!

I would like to see more weather in general, though.

Wind storms. I don't know if the physics engines could handle it, but instead of just dust devils, full on wind storms with everything being subject to a few pounds of force in one direction or another with "gusts" of ten pounds or so.

That combined with rain would be truly haunting out in the wastes. You'd get that really desolate and alone feeling.

Archived