Dawn Guard Issues

Dragonfire12

I have having issues with the opening quest to DawnGuard. I get Serana to her castle, the door says press E to enter Castle but it wont respond.

It seems like the quest didn't update or something when we got there. It still says to take Serana home to her castle. I have disabled most of my mods and can't figure out what is wrong.

Has anyone else encountered this problem of not being able to enter the castle for the first time?

I've seen this issue pop up a few times in the forums but didn't experience it myself...maybe I was lucky? But then the first thing I did after getting Dawnguard was locate the Unoficial Dawnguard Patch, if you don't have it maybe try it and see if it helps.

I have having issues with the opening quest to DawnGuard. I get Serana to her castle, the door says press E to enter Castle but it wont respond.

It seems like the quest didn't update or something when we got there. It still says to take Serana home to her castle. I have disabled most of my mods and can't figure out what is wrong.

Has anyone else encountered this problem of not being able to enter the castle for the first time?

This DLC is rapidly becoming a source of annoyance for many people when i got it i added it to an existing game which plauged me with problems ,so i started afresh and up until today things have been running ...ok .

But today " serana " has started doing the sprinters moonwalk teleports instead of walking randomly stays fixed to the spot other times and then the ultimate insult crashes into me knocking me from a mountain top ,and now its looking like the quest " lost to the ages " is also bugged the " reward " is supposed to be magikal but appears to be useless im gonna have to check some more ,

using the coc command may well drop you into a battle zone due to factions current status id try updating the quest stages you'll need to check wiki for details as im not in the habit of using such fixes .

I had similar problems until I worked it out myself (with help from technical posts). Perhaps this will help you and others. You need to use the command "setstage". First go to this website: www.uesp.net/wiki/skyrim:Quests . Then find Dawnguard and in that go to Find Quests. An example would be "Bloodline." When I click on Bloodline I find : Bloodline (DLC1VQ02). Then I look down in the table where the glitch might be in my quest. Look for the quest stage, which might be 5, 10, 20, 25, etc. If it is at 20, then you would get into the game at the right spot, open the command panel and type "setstage DLC1VQ02 20", Close the command panel and it should correct you to the place that you are but without the glitch. This could also be used to move further into the quest than you are currently at. Hope you can still use this.