Sleeping is too overpowered!

brazuca

Zehir's new "No healing on Rest" mod was released.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=752

He has 2 types. Type 1 stops all type of healing when sleeping. Type 2 you still heal but your limbs do not.

I am using type 2 in which heals you when you sleep, but does not uncripple your limbs. At least now asking a doctor to heal your crippled limbs won't be a stupid idea.

---------------Original Post------------------

Sleeping seems to be way overpowered, as one hour = full health and uncrippled limbs.

is there absolutely any way to make it less useful?

Here are some ideas that might make sleeping less useful. I want to know if any of these are possible. if so can anyone here make a mod with any or some of these features & put them up for download?

1) You can't sleep in bloody and dirty beds like the raider's beds.

(So you can't kill raiders, sleep in their bed surround by them and continue killing them.)

2) It takes 1 hour per 20 hp to heal.

(It won't help that much, but you will need to sleep more, so it gives more time for more creatures to respawn.)

3) Sleeping won't heal crippled limbs.

(It wouldn't make sense that sleeping would heal crippled limbs, unless it was for A LOT of hours.)

4) Sleeping can only heal you to a max of 70%.

(Sleeping still stays useful, but you will still need to use more resources in order to survive.)

5) Only a minimum of a 7 hour sleep is allowed.

(Again not that useful, but gives more chance of creatures to respawn.)

6) Radiation builds up. Maybe based on the amount of radiation you already have. (Radiation Per Hour = RPH)

(Example: 0R =0RPH, 1R - 99R = 10RPH, 100 - 199 = 20RPH, 200 - 299 = 30RPH, and so on.)

7) Sleeping heals crippled limbs, but does not restore health.

(This is an encase you can't do any of the other ones.)

Would 1) be possible by making some of those raider beds "owned"? As much as it annoys me that I have only ONE house when I want to rest all the way across the map, just grabbing ANY wilderness bed while surrounded by enemies seems a bit silly... when I'm not allowed to sleep in the "common house" in a friendly town!

I think sleeping should heal a LOT less... I don't mind that it heals some HP, but only a tiny bit per hour (yes, causing more chance of respawn). I like the idea of adding a limit to how much it can heal, but don't know if that would be possible. It DEFINITELY shouldn't heal crippled limbs!!! That's what doctors are for!

To me, sleeping should be mainly used to get the "well rested" status condition (is it just me, or can you only get it from your own bed... it should be any bed!). Healing should require medical supplies or visits to the local doctor.

I don't think that sleeping should heal at all.

Instead, sleeping should be mandatory (as well as eating food) or negative sideeffects occur if you don't get enough sleep every day or two. This can be easily implemented by the withdrawl functoin. You should start getting huge negatives on endurance, strength, agility, and especially perception if you are sleep deprived. Eventually not sleeping for a week will have the same effect as crippling your head and your vision will be blurry and you won't be able to run or carry much. If you still don't sleep or eat, you will eventually die. The same should apply to drinking water.

Sleeping should be a neccessity against consequences, not a provider of rewards (healing and limb repair).

For now, simply utilize your own self-control and suspend your disbelief in the game. Even in Oblivion, I made myself eat and sleep at requisite times to keep up the illusion that made the game more fun. If you don't want to be able to sleep in the wilderness, then don't sleep. If you don't want to heal from sleeping, than don't sleep. Just press WAIT instead of sleep and pretend it's the same.

Instead, sleeping should be mandatory (as well as eating food) or negative sideeffects occur if you don't get enough sleep every day or two. This can be easily implemented by the withdrawl functoin. You should start getting huge negatives on endurance, strength, agility, and especially perception if you are sleep deprived. Eventually not sleeping for a week will have the same effect as crippling your head and your vision will be blurry and you won't be able to run or carry much. If you still don't sleep or eat, you will eventually die. The same should apply to drinking water.

I really like this idea. It could go along very well with a mod that forces you to eat and drink in order to survive.

I don't think that sleeping should heal at all.

I disagree, sleeping allows the body to more quickly heal itself in real life so some health(healing) benefit should be derived from sleep in the game. I do agree that being completely healed from an hour of sleep is overpowered and bizarre. But having no benefit at all would be going overboard in the other direction.

I agree that sleeping is seriously overpowered right now. For a basic change, I really like the idea of healing only being on a per-hour basis. 10-15hp/hour or perhaps higher with increased Endurance. Having 1hr of sleep fix crippled limbs is overpowered, right now... but what if you were forced to take a full day/night cycle to be able to do so? (2x 12hr sleep cycles)

As to not being able to use Raider beds... I think it should work like Fast Travel does now. If there are enemies nearby, forget about sleeping. (I've not tried to sleep mid-battle, so I have no idea if you can, or not.) But, if you DO sleep there, then waking to a respawn should be a tangible risk of doing so.

Now, for the extreme survivalists out there, the idea of required sleep and food/drink consumption is a very cool one. It's not my cup-o-tea, as I prefer my games to still be, well, games... but, I can see the desire for this addition for others.

Archived