Books for Blacksmithing

dfg3179

So I'm working on a mod that would allow for books to be read in order to show how to make an item at the blacksmith forge. Very similar to Lorecraft, but without all the bells and whistles. Plus since that's no longer being updated... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So far I got the actual books, the required perks, and the recipes understood. I believe my problem lies in the script. Which I have very little knowledge of.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly, if you're just looking for "read the book, gain daedric smithing capability" then attaching this to your "skill book" would do it:

Scriptname BOOKREADPERKNAME extends ObjectReference  

Perk Property THEPERKYOUWANT Auto  

Event OnRead()
Game.GetPlayer().AddPerk(THEPERKYOUWANT )
Debug.MessageBox("You learn perk " + THEPERKYOUWANT )
EndEvent

(remove the debug line once you test it works okay, and after you add the script you'll have to tie the properties of THEPERKYOUWANT to an actual perk - in the properties window)

If you want to set up "you need to know both daedric smithing by going through the regular perk tree, THEN learn how to make daedric armor by reading one book, a shield by another" (as an example) you'll do the same as above but define a custom/dummy perk which you get for reading the book, then changing the relevant recipe(s) in items\constructible objects to require that perk (by adding a hasperk "daedricarmorshieldsmithing" == 1 to the match conditions in addition to the existing one)

Edited by acidzebra

Thats pretty much what I was looking for. I want to be able to read a book, and learn how to craft the item. Ive manage to figure out the adding of the dummy perk and the changing of the recipes, that blasted script was where my issue kept being at. Thank you so much.