Texture problem

Paganlore

Hi guys

i hope this is the thread for this question, but i am trying to modify/retex an armor. all good and well. The texture sheet has many sheets going into infinity, smaller and smaller. from left to right. if i texture the first one how do i then make it "cascade" like the original...or do you paint each one identical, which i think is impossible as the smaller ones are just pixels lol. i tried copy-shrink and paste, but it seems there is more going on since the pieces on the texture sheet don't match up. (they are shrunk with uneven stretching?) which results in details moving around the model as i zoom out. i can only assume this is a feature that is automated but i don't know what the effect is called as my searches come up with nothing but standard texture tutorials with a single sheet to color. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

When you open the texture you don't need to open the MIP maps, just check Convert to 8 bits, when you save make sure Generate Mip maps is checked and the exporter will generate the MIP maps for you automatically.

Like this. ^^

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/MipMaps.jpg

Edited by Jennifur68