SKSE with steamworkshop

Davorious

If a mod requires SKSE, it doesn't matter where the mod was downloaded from, it still requires SKSE.

SKSE Cannot be bundled with a mod as it must install separately before the game is loaded every time you start the game.

The only proper place to get SKSE is the SKSE site. No matter if you use Steam Workshop, The Nexus or any other mod download site. Getting it anywhere else means you may get a older version or a modified copy that won't work properly. - they always have the latest most up to date version available. http://skse.silverlock.org/ :thumbsup:

It's FREE and doesn't not require any registration.

If you don't have any mods that require SKSE, then you don't need it. However, if you do have it installed, It should not hurt your game as it doesn't do anything unless a mod calls one of it's functions.

NMM is not required. Not even to download and play mods from The Nexus or from anywhere else. You can always download any mod here manually and install it manually - just like before NMM existed.

If a mod requires SKSE, it doesn't matter where the mod was downloaded from, it still requires SKSE.

SKSE Cannot be bundled with a mod as it must install separately before the game is loaded every time you start the game.

The only proper place to get SKSE is the SKSE site. No matter if you use Steam Workshop, The Nexus or any other mod download site. Getting it anywhere else means you may get a older version or a modified copy that won't work properly. - they always have the latest most up to date version available. http://skse.silverlock.org/ :thumbsup:

It's FREE and doesn't not require any registration.

If you don't have any mods that require SKSE, then you don't need it. However, if you do have it installed, It should not hurt your game as it doesn't do anything unless a mod calls one of it's functions.

NMM is not required. Not even to download and play mods from The Nexus or from anywhere else. You can always download any mod here manually and install it manually - just like before NMM existed.

Thanks for that. But thats the thing though for the life of me i cant install SKSE or any mods manually, i understand how to do it but when ever i try i always mess something up.

Take yesterday for example i spent the whole day installing mods from nexusmods using NMM, once i was done i learned that i need SKSE, went and downloaded skse. I think i made the problem of getting mods before skse was in my NMM ( i heard from a lot of people that order of mods mean something) But anyways everytime i went to play skyrim with my mods through SKSE launcher the game crashed. i Dled BOSS had about 30 or so inactive/dirty mods in which i removed, and the game still wouldnt play proper.Even while BOSS was saying that all my mods are active the game still crashed upon startup.

Now im at the point were i uninstalled skyrim aswell as NMM. Gonna DL SKSE aswell as SkyUI then a few mods at a time run the game to make sure they work.Cause yesterday i DLed about 130 mods before even testing the game

Edited by Davorious

Ok so after installing the game through steam everything works fine. Now after installing NMM is iit best to install SKSE first before ANY other mod?

You only need SKSE if the mod(s) you want require it...I never installed SKSE before I got Convenient Horses, I now also use SkyUI which also requires SKSE. Always read the mod description page for other mods required by the one you want or SKSE...some mods do need other mods to work and are dependant on them. Sometimes the description page will warn you of mod conflicts if any are known or reccomend mods you might want to get if you want the look the mod author used in the images. I think its best to install one mod, test it, check for conflicts and once you've tested it in game and are happy its not causing issues and is working as intended then add another. It sounds like maybe yesterday you just downloaded a bunch and ended up with issues.

does a really good job explaining SKSE, what its for and how to install it...I really reccomend watching it if you are unsure of how to install it. Edited by Jennifur68

Its Davorious forgot my PW or somethings not working b ut whatever. I did follow that video pretty much step by step (or so i thought) cause after i used Win-rar to merge the SKSE data folder i installed it on NMM. Once that was done i used the SKSE launcher to run skyrim and the game crashes upon loading up i used BOSS to make sure my addons were in order ( not sure what order they have to be into but BOSS said that all the addons were active ) So i went to delete all the mods from NMM i started with the SKSE data folder, i clicked on delete and nothing happened. SO i went into the programs file for NMM to remove the SKSE win-rar file. After removing the SKSE file i clicked back onto the NMM but it wouldnt load , saying that i improperly removed the SKSE winrar file. So in other words i cant get into the NMM to fix my problem, Deleting the NMM dosent help nothing that i know of does i even tried reloading the NMM from a previous date.

SOrry if its a bit confusing

I didn't watch the install video suggested by the other guy, but I'm pretty sure it should have shown you that you need to EXTRACT the files from the rar you downloaded from the SKSE site, and PASTE them into your Skyrim game folder.

NOT install it with NMM. SKSE IS NOT A MOD. It is a utility, like NMM itself. You put the SKSE files into the Skyrim folder, that's it, no installation, nothing.

I didn't watch the install video suggested by the other guy, but I'm pretty sure it should have shown you that you need to EXTRACT the files from the rar you downloaded from the SKSE site, and PASTE them into your Skyrim game folder.

NOT install it with NMM. SKSE IS NOT A MOD. It is a utility, like NMM itself. You put the SKSE files into the Skyrim folder, that's it, no installation, nothing.

The video show you to extract the files from the SKSE .rar you download then drop the files that go into the main Skyrim folder into the that folder and he then suggests you zip/rar the scripts folder and use the NMM to install those so if you ever decided to uninstall SKSE you can do so easily without having to hunt down a lot of scripts to delete. If you watch the video Trucidation you'll see it makes sense, its how I installed SKSE and everything works fine.

Davorious when you uninstalled Skyrim did you go to its installation directory and check to make sure none of the mods were left behind? Most games will leave things behind they didn't install. I know its a pain but you might try uninstalling Skyrim again then navigate to where it was installed....typically thats C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps\Common\Skyrim if theres anything left in the Skyrim\Data folder delete the Skyrim folder it and reinstall Skyrim clean. Its probable that there are .esp files, meshes and textures still in the Data Folder that could be causing you issues. From a clean install you can figure out what mods you want to use and if you need SKSE for them. But don't install more than one mod at a time. ;)

Edited by Jennifur68