Request: Use E. Cells for Laser Rifles

sarak000

Howdy,

I am trying to play a character that uses primarily Energy Weapons. However, I am finding it difficult, because my main weapon (wazer wifle) uses Microfusion cells and it is too difficult to find this type of ammo in the game.

IMO, this makes it too difficult to really play as an energy weapons in FO3. I feel that we are practically forced to go "small guns."

The laser pistol uses the much more common Energy Cells. I feel that all laser rifles should also use this type of ammo. After all, their laser beams certainly seem to be similar.

On a similar note, I think in terms of balancing, the plasma pistol should also fire Microfusion Cells (like the Plasma Rifle) rather than Energy cells.

I think such a mod would really make it feasible to play a character who uses only/primarily energy weapons. If there was an SDK I could probably make this mod myself. However, I do not know how to do so without a construction kit.

If someone could make such a mod or tell me how to make this mod, that would be great.

TLDR version:

Requesting mod (or knowledge of how to make this mod) that makes all Laser Rifles use Energy Cells as Ammo, and makes Plasma Pistols use Microfusion cells.

Howdy,

I am trying to play a character that uses primarily Energy Weapons. However, I am finding it difficult, because my main weapon (wazer wifle) uses Microfusion cells and it is too difficult to find this type of ammo in the game.

IMO, this makes it too difficult to really play as an energy weapons in FO3. I feel that we are practically forced to go "small guns."

The laser pistol uses the much more common Energy Cells. I feel that all laser rifles should also use this type of ammo. After all, their laser beams certainly seem to be similar.

On a similar note, I think in terms of balancing, the plasma pistol should also fire Microfusion Cells (like the Plasma Rifle) rather than Energy cells.

I think such a mod would really make it feasible to play a character who uses only/primarily energy weapons. If there was an SDK I could probably make this mod myself. However, I do not know how to do so without a construction kit.

If someone could make such a mod or tell me how to make this mod, that would be great.

TLDR version:

Requesting mod (or knowledge of how to make this mod) that makes all Laser Rifles use Energy Cells as Ammo, and makes Plasma Pistols use Microfusion cells.

This would require a remodel of the lazer rifle to look correctly, the MF cell is modelled right into the gun and appears externally. The MF cell would need to be replaced with the Ecell

Are you for real?

So if it was assigned a different ammo, (like Energy Cells) it would have the animation of trying to load the new ammo into the model?

I didn't think that the ammo was linked to the gun model. I just figured the reload animation was part of the gun.

Yep you are right.

I installed FOMM and tried my hand at some editing.

I found "wazer wifle" and edited the ammo type so it would use energy cells.

Not only did this not work (it still fired MF cells), it messed up the texture for the weapon.

Ugh. I really wish this wasn't the case, because I really think such a mod could really properly balance energy weapons and make them a reasonable alternative to small guns for the entire game (rather than just the end-game, at which point the laser rifles are useless).

Archived