"Scrapyard" Melee weapons!

Deleted919650User

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to bump a thread without having anything new to contribute to it, but seeing as how I took the time to make up all those concept images, I feel I'm justified. I want this damn mod made! I'm seeing tons of silly little weapon add-ons that don't fit in the universe Fallout 3 crafted for us, and it's pissing me off!

I don't want a god damn M4A1, I want a lead pipe with a railroad spike driven through the end!

Agreed.

I have never modeled before, but I might try to pick it up :P

And for this, I guess I will mostly have to blend models together.

I'll let you know if I totally fail at my first modelling attempts, or can actually do it ;)

Sweet! Good luck man.

I've tried my hand at modeling several times, and have failed gloriously on each attempt.

as to the baseball... thats incredibly unwieldy dude... ever tried throwing a hog? :D it hurts!

Unless you take a page out of the Shishkebab's book and model some type of glove or gauntlet to go with it. Or make the protruding bits sparse enough for the player to hold it between them (although the problem with that is the need for new anims).

as to the baseball... thats incredibly unwieldy dude... ever tried throwing a hog? :D it hurts!

Unless you take a page out of the Shishkebab's book and model some type of glove or gauntlet to go with it. Or make the protruding bits sparse enough for the player to hold it between them (although the problem with that is the need for new anims).

Sorry for the delay, family emergency had me out of town. I never considered this, Ralk. Well, perhaps it'd just be best to keep the spikey baseball idea as a possible Rock-It Launcher ammunition type.

Well, perhaps it'd just be best to keep the spikey baseball idea as a possible Rock-It Launcher ammunition type.

That may be wise. Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to add damage that's not intrinsically tied to its weight?

Well, perhaps it'd just be best to keep the spikey baseball idea as a possible Rock-It Launcher ammunition type.

That may be wise. Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to add damage that's not intrinsically tied to its weight?

... Oh yeah. Weight.

You're just here to sink my ship, yeah?

Either way, I really want to see some more support going for this mod! I've requested the models from Facepunchstudios.com, a website which has many talented modelers who may be able to make these for us. At the very least, would anybody here be willing to add these into the game?

As for the whole throwing of the spiky baseball, why not just use some kind of sling system or whiffle-ball thingy or whatever they're called.

Other ideas I have are radscorpion poison gland bolas with knockback and poison effects.

Or how about a metal boomerang like the one the little savage kid has in Mad Max two, possible made by two lawn-mower blades.

Or maybe a flail made by drilling holes through three different pool balls and fastening them to a lead pipe with leather straps cut from leather belts.

Acid squirt gun or improvised flamethrower made with a crutch, a vacuum cleaner, some empty soda bottles and some surgical tubing. (+lighter for the flamethrower thingy)

I know that last one isn't melee, but I just couldn't help it.

... Oh yeah. Weight.

You're just here to sink my ship, yeah?

Either way, I really want to see some more support going for this mod! I've requested the models from Facepunchstudios.com, a website which has many talented modelers who may be able to make these for us. At the very least, would anybody here be willing to add these into the game?

Code scares me a little (though I've been dabbling), but when the GECK comes out, I'll be trying to learn how to use it. Can't make any promises, but I'm definitely willing to have a crack at getting them in-game, if the models/textures side can be covered over there.

And no, I'm definitely not trying to shoot down the Rock-It Launcher idea. Rather, I'm very keen on seeing if additional damage can be added to its ammo that doesn't depend on weight (because I think it's a great weapon, but it kinda sucks that you need to carry heavy things to do more damage with it). It might drum up more love for the Rock-It Launcher.

pls someone that introduce a sort of two handed sword! this is a fantastic idea! I wrote a topic with a sort of ideas to introduce perks specific with blades. if someone is interested post also here or I can copy all the text here and maybe we can connect the ideas (unfortunately I'm not able to create mods or similar things :\)

Archived