.esp in data folder, but (suddenly) not appearing in game.

Hello all! For the last several weeks I have been meticulously editing an island on Lake Illanlta that will become the grounds for a player home called Mage's Respite. Until tonight, everything has been fine. I've made periodic backups and frequently check the mod in-game to ensure there are no issues. Tonight, I built a smithing shed using assets from DarkFox's Millwater Retreat, saved in the CK, and attempted to load my mod in-game. My mapmarker was gone, and when I traveled there the island had reverted back to vanilla. Alarmed, I tried all of my backups. None of them are appearing in game either, despite their .esp being in the data folder. Tried several new games, moving the .esps in and out of the data folder, deleting all the new resources etc. and still nothing. I'm quite exasperated, really, especially since everything still appears fine in the creation kit. Any suggestions?

Did you by any chance disable the esp in your mod manager and then forgot to activate it again ?

What's bizarre is that it was never installed with my mod manager (I just had the esp in data), but then I dragged it into Vortex just now as a last ditch effort and now it's working!!! This is my first mod and everything I know about tinkering with the CK is from Youtube or experimentation, so things were bound to go terribly wrong at some point, haha.

Edited by QueenAcademe