Revealing the Unseen

Greenbean9396

Not that I can recall, I've done it twice and didn't notice any consequences at all.

Me neither, and I've killed him four times now. I think you can kill him if you want - his whole team is dead anyway thanks to the Falmer and his Synod friends are rather far from Skyrim :devil:

It's really the perfect crime if you think about it. Firstly, there's no doubt the Synod does not have the CoW's best interests at heart, they want to assert themselves as the only magical authority in Tamriel, like any monopoly, this would be a bad thing. Second, nobody will ever know. When he doesn't return the rest of the Synod will just assume he died like the others, killed by Dwemer automatons as so many who have explored Dwemer ruins before him.

So if your character is the kind of guy who doesn't mind killing to secure his interests, go for it.

When he doesn't return the rest of the Synod will just assume he died like the others, killed by Dwemer automatons as so many who have explored Dwemer ruins before him.

First Dwemeri devices to use the procedure of introducing Daedric arrows to someone's face in my case then. Poor guy never had a chance (hah).

Would have liked the option to rip out that focusing crystal again, so we could lose that map it shows... if someone does go poking around down there searching for the Synod team and they see that... well, not good news for the college.

(Pure RP there I know, but it seems odd to just leave something like that active were anyone that makes the trip could find it, especially if it updated the whereabouts of the staff...)

When he doesn't return the rest of the Synod will just assume he died like the others, killed by Dwemer automatons as so many who have explored Dwemer ruins before him.

First Dwemeri devices to use the procedure of introducing Daedric arrows to someone's face in my case then. Poor guy never had a chance (hah).

Would have liked the option to rip out that focusing crystal again, so we could lose that map it shows... if someone does go poking around down there searching for the Synod team and they see that... well, not good news for the college.

(Pure RP there I know, but it seems odd to just leave something like that active were anyone that makes the trip could find it, especially if it updated the whereabouts of the staff...)

Well, once the Staff has been found the Map is pretty much useless. And given that the staff is in the hands of one of the most pwoerfull people alive, I don't see how anyone who isn't insane would even bother going after it. I reckon the Synod will write that team off and move on within five minutes.

And given that the staff is in the hands of one of the most pwoerfull people alive, I don't see how anyone who isn't insane would even bother going after it.

Well, WE went after it even though it was in the hands of one of the most powerful people alive undead. :)

Actually, considering that the map was supposed to show items of magical power, and that the two items causing interference are practically neutralized (The eye is with Sigic Council and the staff is away from the well of magical energy that is Labarynthian) the map should be able to chart much more easily-recovered artifacts.