Change a snowdrift into a sandstorm

antstubell

Usually I'd say just find the texture the effect uses and do a recolor using GIMP or Photoshop, but I'm afraid I'm not well versed in Nifskope.

I think if you just make copy of the NIF you can change the texture path to the recolored texture.

So basically.

1. Go into GIMP and recolor DDS file

2. Make copy of the NIF for your new effect, once done change the texture path to point to the recolored texture.

3. Go into Creation Set and make up a new texture set for sandstorms or blightstorms.

I hope someone more experienced can help you as I've only got rough ideas, I'm afraid.

Anybody know how to change FXAmbSnowBlowingDriftTip so that it appears to blow sand and not snow?

I have sand textures but in Nifskope there are no textures to play with for this nif

Yes there are textures to play with. Look in the BSEffectShaderProperty blocks under "SourceTexture":

"textures\effects\FXCloudRoundTile.dds"

There are at least 7 references to this texture if you look under each NiNode or NiTriShape.

You might also need to change the "Emissive Color" in each BSEffectShaderProperty block from white to sandy color.

The easiest way would be to change the effect lighting color in the weather settings.

effect lighting changes the colour of most moveable static FX (fogs, clouds, water etc.) in an exterior.

MrMino how do I do that? I alreay have a climate setup for the world I don't see any weather fx.

Ok got it sorted. Messing with the weather didn't work for me. So in Nifskope I went through all the textures listed, thanks Steve40 for pointing that out to me. There are quite a few textures and I changed most of them without any change but the one that IS needed to be changed is textures/effects/fxgroundwhisps.dds. With this file open in Gimp I selected something similar to a "Spraygun" tool and coloured over the white wisps, pointed the nif, its BSEffectShaderProperty and when the node tree is exapnded its the 5th entry down, pointed the nif to this .dds. Did the usual in CK copied the snowdrift and changed nif to the sand one. I think its pretty good take a look for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtx7E9oKBk

The spice must flow....

Looks cool

Yeah all sand, throw in the draugr eye fx and rig worm meshes to the ice wraiths on a big scale and you have a good place to start with a Dune Mod.

would really like to see a dune overhaul , could even easily make those personal Cube sheilds

not forgetting words of power as the Weirding Way

Edited by AlphaWoIF