Change a snowdrift into a sandstorm

antstubell

Those sand dunes look really cool. I still think you need to change the Emissive Color at little to make the blowing sand less white.

Thanks steve40. Still 1 minor issue I need to deal with. The sandstorm is good enough and the sand land texture is fine but as its obvious the sand dunes are rextextures of snowdrifts and when player walks over them the snow sound effect is heard. I changed the land texture sound to "sand" and you can do this for any land texture but I can't find an option to change the dunes from snow sound to sand or any other.

Anybody know where this option is?

Anybody know where this option is?

Shouldn't you just set the material type under misc\landtextures?

The only option is a drop down box called Directional Material. Almost all of the options are some kind of snow. I changed it to mossdirt to see how that works out. NOr all the land textures sounds are available.

FXAmbSnowBlowingDriftTip is a movable static. You can change the looping sound on the form itself (there's a big button).

I'm guessing that the Havok material type for the statics are assigned in the nifs themselves (in the collision shape block below the bhkRigidBody block), and this material determines what footstep sound is made.

Edited by steve40