Sword - DreamReaper

Marcus Aseth

Hi guys,I was doing this sword so I figure out would be good to have one topic here to ask to you guys in case of technical problems (probably I will have some when it come to import it in game :P )

Some info about the sword: I don't have a proper concept,just a sketch done by me & I am working around that,changing & stuff while modeling,the cracks you see on the blade will have a glow map,like some kind of blue energy keeping the pieces of the blade toghether,& the sphere at the base of the handle will glow as well.

in the original concept there was also 2 strips of tissure hanging from the handle,but I figure out that I lack the knowledge to have those properly moving in game,so I think I will simply omit those.

Tell me what you think about or what you don't like,I would totally need some fresh eyes (whatched it for too long lol,my judgement about it is not good anymore) :)

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/9458/33707271.png

Edited by Marcus Aseth

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say you should keep the string and the weapon looks amazing! If you could actually get the effect of it being held together by energy it would be a hit no doubt, but even from what I see it would be a great addition to anyone's armory!

Also, this weapon would be great as a pair with different textures on each blade.

Edited by Shinokage

Thx guys,I appreciate your support :happy:

I have to improve my english though,cause I think I didn't explain well what want I mean with "strips hanging from the handle" :tongue: The one you see in the previous image will be definitely be there in the game model,the one that I have to remove are the 2 hanging strips you can see on the overpaint below (is an overpaint I've had done on the starting blockout of the blade),as you see those 2 hanging strips would work well with a physic simulation,I mean something handled by Havok or something similar,but if I got this right,it's not possible to have that in skyrim,so I've totally have to omit those :sad:

So I've a question for the one's of you guys wich are strong with animation: would be possible/difficult to import a unique skeleton for the weapon & link those 2 hanging strings to bones?Also,would be possible to give it a different animation for each attack? Because of course,slashing from left to right & slashing from top to bottom would totally require a different animation to keep that good & believable - also it should have a different animation for the weapon dropped on the ground

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5472/45214169.png

Edited by Marcus Aseth

Your sword would look good without the hanging bits imo. So the one you plan on doing would be the one that would look the best atm.

fine guys,no hanging strips :)

Well,I think I'm done with the high poly model,so I will start now the low poly.For the one of you that are more into the script modding part,let me explain what this want mean,this model is the High Poly model,mean that is composed by 59,000,000 polygons so it cannot totally go into game,now I will model another version of this sword (Low Poly) using the high poly as a reference & matching the 2 the closest as possible,this low poly will have something between 4000-10,000 polygons & then I will use the high poly model to bake texture such as normal map & ambient occlusion into the low poly :happy:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6650/87375787.png