Small project for people who like scenery, immersion, and no fast trav

thunderwolf86

pretty sure theres a spelling mistake in that topic title, anyway i had a small idea for a mod that basically, when you press C in the vanilla game (or whatever button you assign this function to) you run in a straight line without having to hold down forward. much like scenic carraiges i could do something similar so that when you press C a menu will popup asking where you would like to go, cities, villiages, and towns. once you've selected your location, lets say riverwood, your character would start running there (not sprinting but running) and wont stop till you retake control by pressing Z or the directional buttons, something along those lines. it could also apply to horseback, exactly the same function.

i would really like to make this mod but i honestly dont know how, i can make followers in the CK but thats really about it. im sure it can be done and i dont think it would be that hard once i know what im doing, i just need a little direction, could someone advise me on this?

EDIT: 2 other little notes the locations must be areas you've already discouvered and you can also, while your character is running, rotate your camera angle for the sake of screen shots or video footage, or just enjoying looking awesome as you run to the next destination.

Edited by thunderwolf86

Can you also do the same thing with carriages, realistic like trains in modern times.. on your way to your destination.. you would be just sitting there just like the intro of skyrim where your taken to helgen.. then add something like.. ur carriage gets raided by bandits or something :)

Thanks for the info,, adding that one to my Download Query.. Im an immersion fan.. i want to feel skyrim like the ones in the movies..

EDIT: You sir, did not warn me about the quality of that mod was.. i read the comments, saw a lot of complaints for scripting error.. tried it for myself.. 1st attempt.. was a fail... the carriage literally kicked me off his carriage after a black out then i cannot talk to the driver... i did not bother to uninstall as i deemed it unworthy of my time.. anyhow.. Still a good mod.. just needs further scripting polishing.. perhaps he should implement TRY-CATCH errors..

Edited by jhncanson