Vault 111 cell changes and game completion problems

TaxiVader

Hi folks.

I'm working on a Vault 111 settlement mod. SpeedyNL told me that would cause the game to not be finishable, and I have full confidence in him in this regard.

What I'm asking for is for you good folks to let me know what issues you've had in-game due to Vault 111 cell changes (or things you suspect are due to this), and / or any ideas for workarounds for this issue.

Looking forward to your input.

I am not aware of anything that would lock the main quest from completing, but the start of the game is super fragile and V111 is fairly dirty with a rats nest of trigger junk from Bethesda's own early learning work.

Scripting a safe vault exit for SKK Fast Start was a nightmare, touching anything can get the player stuck unable to exit the cryopod or vault. Be prepared to run MQ102 from stage 1 to stage 15 a lot of your going to monkey around in there with the intent to publish a quality solution.

Hi folks.

I'm working on a Vault 111 settlement mod. SpeedyNL told me that would cause the game to not be finishable, and I have full confidence in him in this regard.

What I'm asking for is for you good folks to let me know what issues you've had in-game due to Vault 111 cell changes (or things you suspect are due to this), and / or any ideas for workarounds for this issue.

Looking forward to your input.

i din't say that you could finish the game, but stuck in the gyro pod

i did 1 time v111 as a settlement, and got stuck in that damn pod, adding a wb and marker f'ed up the hole thing

there are some mods for v111 look them up, and you will see/read that all f'ed up the vault

You could do a duplicate of the vault interior cell, and a duplicated vault elevator load door in the world space then, once the player exits the vault, move the exterior duplicated door to the exact same position of the vanilla one, and disable the original door with papyrus. This way you don't need to deal with the main quest and you can customize the vault as much as you want.

Edited by DieFeM

OK, interesting. My apologies for misunderstanding you Speedy. I'm thinking of recommending the mod only be installed after exiting the Vault at the start of the game. I already noticed that with the mod installed at the very start there were invisible walls, and some of the surfaces appeared different (like they'd lost their skin) even though the mod was not active. This happened even from a fresh start with no other mods loaded, so it had to be the disabled V111 mod that was doing it.

Haven't yet gotten stuck in the cryopod. Does TCL (no collisions) work in that case?

Thanks for the feedback.

When I started my 2nd playthrough (freshly installed FO4 on a brand new machine), Nora would get stuck *outside* the cryopod at the beginning, aimlessly wandering next to it with baby Shaun in her arms. Only way to progress with the game was to use console to move her into the pod.

So I'd say the entire Vault 111 thing is super finicky, no matter if any mods make changes to it or not. :smile: