Goodsprings Home

DynV

First of all, it's been many years since I've done modding and I although I managed to do what I wanted, I didn't figure how to put it in a different file, so I applied the changes to the master file, so I technically didn't make a mod. Well, the mod I attempted to make is similar to what I'm attempting to as it was a simple home for a TES IV Oblivion expansion; IIRC the mod editor was easier than GECK for FNV.

So I'd like to make a mod with multiple homes where there isn't an option to do so. I'm starting with Goodsprings, which I'd like the abandoned home closest to the cemetery to become a plain home. The most important thing is that sleeping in it gives the Well Rested status. Optionally there would be items storage. I've made an attempt but for now abandoned as I couldn't figure how to have the external door activation lead the user inside the home. I used RanchHouseInterior03 as a basis for a simple home, with a name reflecting this: RanchHouseInteriorGoodspringsHome. is what I've done so far; you may want to rename ".esp.txt" to ".esp".

I may (and probably would) attempt again in a few days, but for now I'm bummed and I'll do something else. If you could assist me in this project, especially that the external door lead to an interior door.

Edited by DynV

The question of linking the exterior cell to the interior cell by way of "doors" was recently discussed in the thread "Mod newbie, feedback needed".

You might want to also look over the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article for links to related tutorials and tips from experienced mod creators.

You definitely do not want to be making changes to any "master files" unless they are ones you create yourself. Such changes will break other mods. Start by making an ESP file. You can if necessary turn it into an ESM file. There are instructions on what is needed to do that in the linked article.

Creating mods is a long, slow, painful process that tends to consume your life simply due to the number of different things you have to learn. Better to not get started down that rabbit hole if you don't have patience. Creating a "home" is the basic tutorial process. It only gets more complicated after that.

-Dubious-