Nexus mod manager cannot reach the Nexus metadata server

cabius

• 4 weeks later...

I am still encountering this problem - I had it with the previous version, just upgraded to 0.46.Argh, and it continues. In addition, I am experiencing the following:

- Manually shutting-off NMM via Task manager after a failed login, and then launching it again from my start menu, apparently produces a... login? However - attempting to actually "Download [anything] with Manager" with NMM running seems to be defaulting to a server somewhere (unknown - the normal list does not appear, and I cannot select a Premium server), and causes the program to crash. :blink:

- After manually Uninstalling NMM via my Control Panel, and re-executing the 0.46.0 installer, the login phase now proceeds (relatively) smoothly (it takes a while to think about it though, which is a little odd). However, attempting to doanload a mod via "Download with Manager" still defaults (apparently) to a server not of my choice, and now produces a "Server Unreachable" entry in the little "Download Manager" window. I'd prefer not to be defaulted to an unreachable location if possible... :unsure:

Now, downloading manually, right-clicking, and selecting NMM form "Open With..." *does* still work, which is fine for mod testing at my end, but I'm really hoping the above can be fixed speedily. I understand however that wild weather may currently be taking a monkey-wrench to the Nexus helper monkeys, and that a solution may take time. :smile:

I'm still new to this program, but noticed that I had a short cable outage in my area, I tried to log in without internet at first and of course it gave me this error. However, now that my internet outage is fixed, it still gives me this error. I wonder if there's something in a cache file that is causing this? I'm not any kind of computer person so thats just an uneducated guess. It just seems like a cookie/windows temp file thing. Iunno.

• 1 month later...