Looking to create graphics

Wolfskin75

If you by "D" mean the diffuse texture (..._d.dds) it could be because the file was saved in a BC-format with the Intel plugin for dds files, and you are opening it in an application that doesn't support BC (such as older versions of Photoshop). You would need to get the Intel plugin for the application you are using to edit the texture.

Thank you. Sebo: feeling dumb. You export the uv map from blender? I have nifskope so I would find the uv map, export it align it with my texture design on it. And then save it on top of the diffused layer and be awesome? I wish I wasnt so afraid to asked the modders. Lol

Tinuvia: stupid question. What does BC stand for. I have the Intel Dds plugin. Is there an updated one?

Thank you. Sebo: feeling dumb. You export the uv map from blender? I have nifskope so I would find the uv map, export it align it with my texture design on it. And then save it on top of the diffused layer and be awesome? I wish I wasnt so afraid to asked the modders. Lol

Tinuvia: stupid question. What does BC stand for. I have the Intel Dds plugin. Is there an updated one?

BC = Block Compression But if you already have the Intel plugin, this shouldn't be the problem. I thought it could be, because I've had the issue before when opening BC1-7 textures in older versions of Photoshop and the whole texture was completely black.

Are you editing an existing texture for a mesh from the game or is it for a custom mesh that you have made? If it is for a mesh from the game, you can use Nifskope to look at its UV-map and even move it around, see here.

It's a download assets from nexus. It is advertised with graphics on it but when you download it it doesn't. I have several logos I have designed for my play through and wanted to add them. (Combat armor, v neck etc.) I am not trying to steal or take credit. In fact, I want to give all the credit back to the modder and not put it up nexus either. But if I can figure this out it would be great to just design, screenshot and credit. I know I have a lot to learn but I would love to just be able to design some things for a tshirt. I already did some flags. (See fallout 4 mod site) working on some posters and next is logos for shirts and armor.

So you create your mesh in blender and you create the uv. It's all saved in a file (I use obj and convert it in outfit studio to nif).

When you have the nif, go to nifskope and select a bstrishape with your right mouse button. Hit texture and export uv map. With that done you can allign your texture to the uv map and do your diffuse, normal and/or specular map.

Sounds complicated at first but you get some kind of workflow after several times :)

So you create your mesh in blender and you create the uv. It's all saved in a file (I use obj and convert it in outfit studio to nif).

When you have the nif, go to nifskope and select a bstrishape with your right mouse button. Hit texture and export uv map. With that done you can allign your texture to the uv map and do your diffuse, normal and/or specular map.

Sounds complicated at first but you get some kind of workflow after several times :smile:

OMG, Thank you. This is amazing. I am going to have so much fun with this. YOU CAN'T even..

I am more about the graphics anyway and I haven't had an issue with finding models/nif to work with. Of course, if I were to ever need a custom piece I wouldn't even know the process in getting someone to construct it. (Begging, pleading...etc.) I am happy with just designing the graphics.