Change Rl-3 storage speech

GamerChas

Whenever I access the RL-3's storage, I am tired of hearing the big long speech "Sir, The RL-3 is equipped ...". I would like to replace it with something shorter, like maybe his "Commander" response. I have a 'mod' that replaces Dogmeats panting sounds by putting some override sounds in a directory ../data/sound/fx/npc/dog/idlepant/npc_dog_idle_pant_0x.wav. I assume that the same thing could be done for RL-3. I have never tried using the GECK.

If someone could at least tell me the dir names and the sound name to replace, I could find my own .wav file to replace the speech with. Even better, if someone could extract a short RL-3 response like the above mentioned "Commander" of maybe just "Sir", as a .wav file that would be great.

If you are referring to this speach "RL-3 comes equipped with everything a good soldier needs! But your RL-3 can assist in carrying equipment, if needed."

The file is located in "Data\Sound\Voice\RobotMisterGutsy\Followers_FollowersTrade_00096B6D_1.mp3"

Just rename your custom file to Followers_FollowersTrade_00096B6D_1.mp3 and add it in those folders.

Edited by Valahul

Thanks for the reply. That is the speech I am refering to. But it is not working for me. I tried both a .mp3 and a .wav file but I still get the original speech. My fallout.ini does have bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and the Dogmeat sounds are being replaced. I have no mod managers (FOMM?) installed. The Dogmeat sounds are .wav files. Will either a .wav or a .mp3 work? Do they heve to be a certain bitrate or something like that? I tried one of the Dogmeat .wav files as the replacement and that did not work either but it does work with Dogmeat.

it has to be mp3 format and have the exact same name. As for the sound itself, give it a 44100Hz sample rate and 128kbps bitrate. You can even make it Mono to make sure it will be compatible.

But to tell you the truth, I don't know if it will work.. because the sound file cannot be found in GECK (at least I didn't find it) I just found the path for it, and the file name.

The only sure way this will work.. is if you make a small .esp file that will redirect correctly to a new file.