Ayleidoon Karan Oddity

I'm suggesting this skeleton uses the vanilla skeleton "skeleton.nif".

This nif splits the undead into several pieces upon death.

However Beth did not use armors for skeletons like the mod author did so this might be the reason. The bones are splitting upon death and the armor pieces are stretching because they are "splitting" too.

anyone have an idea what causes this to happen to skeleton when they fall

The problem there is that the skeleton's body is designed to crumble upon death...or "second death" as the case may be for living skeletons. The armor pieces are connected directly to the skeleton's bones, but also to each other. So the skeleton tries to crumble while the armor tries to hold together, creating the stretchy weirdness you see. The fix is to replace the Skeleton.nif with a non-crumbling version.

In order to use the linked .nif, you'll have to do the following:

1. Put the SkeletonNoCrumble.nif in the Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Creatures/Skeleton folder. If you don't have such a folder, make one.

2. Replace the JG Elven.esp with this one (it has the appropriate redirections already done).

anyone have an idea what causes this to happen to skeleton when they fall

The problem there is that the skeleton's body is designed to crumble upon death...or "second death" as the case may be for living skeletons. The armor pieces are connected directly to the skeleton's bones, but also to each other. So the skeleton tries to crumble while the armor tries to hold together, creating the stretchy weirdness you see. The fix is to replace the Skeleton.nif with a non-crumbling version.

In order to use the linked .nif, you'll have to do the following:

1. Put the SkeletonNoCrumble.nif in the Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Creatures/Skeleton folder. If you don't have such a folder, make one.

2. Replace the JG Elven.esp with this one (it has the appropriate redirections already done).

i thank you foe your help but for some reason fire fox won't let me DL from that site is there another host you can use?