Dawnguard Touching The Sky quest bug

Bolisaris

I am currently trying to complete the Touching The Sky quest, I have chosen to fight on the Dawnguard side and have managed to progress to Auriel's Chapel where apparently I am suppose to confront Arch-Curate Vyrthur to get the crossbow. Problem is no matter what I do I cannot get him to start the conversation that precludes the fight, he just sits on the throne in that Yarl posture and stares at me. Is there another quest that needs to trigger him to react or have I missed something on the long trek to the chapel. I feel that the price tag for this DLC is high considering the bugs in it, you would thing a software company like Bethusda would ensure the game is at least playable before rushing it out. Can anyone please help as the DLC is useless to me unless I can get past this? Edited by Bolisaris

Try looking at this to solve it http://www.uesp.net/...ouching_the_Sky :thumbsup:

There you have al the Quest stages so if any would bug you can type in the next in console to go around them

and there are some nice pointers for the Q too :blush:

Thanx I seen this, but wanted to complete the quest without the need to skip also if you use the setstage command it does not complete the quest by this I mean the arch-curate is left alive and you escape route is not opened. Thank You anyway for the reply.

I am currently trying to complete the Touching The Sky quest, I have chosen to fight on the Dawnguard side and have managed to progress to Auriel's Chapel where apparently I am suppose to confront Arch-Curate Vyrthur to get the crossbow. Problem is no matter what I do I cannot get him to start the conversation that precludes the fight, he just sits on the throne in that Yarl posture and stares at me. Is there another quest that needs to trigger him to react or have I missed something on the long trek to the chapel. I feel that the price tag for this DLC is high considering the bugs in it, you would thing a software company like Bethusda would ensure the game is at least playable before rushing it out. Can anyone please help as the DLC is useless to me unless I can get past this?

I'd suggest to reload an earlier save..might be pain to do it all again, but reloading earlier save usually fixes quest glitches and bugs :unsure:

Try then to add manually by console the stage where you need to ineriact with him, even if it is the stage you are on, still type it in, sometimes a stage can get mixed up in Skyrim, making the stages leap 1 to far, so the Q bugs out, so try SetStageXXX

waaaait...do you have Serana with you? if she's stuck somewhere else the dialogue won't start as she is the trigger :whistling: Edited by k361

waaaait...do you have Serana with you? if she's stuck somewhere else the dialogue won't start as she is the trigger :whistling:

Yes Serena is here with me and I tried using SetStage 200 and receive the crossbow BUT cannot get out of the chapel because the end of the quest the roof is blown away allowing you an escape route (I think) the only other way is to use a COC to get out but this still leaves the Arch-Curate alive....... I am going to restart the whole Dawnguard thing again, which is a pain to say the very least, thanks a whole bunch for that Bethusda. |But thank you guys for your help.