Dawnguard Touching The Sky quest bug

Bolisaris

You can kill him by console command, if there are no other thing you need to do with him, (like talk) i have no idea, as i have not done the Q

I redid the whole thing again from the start and got the same result after hours of play soooo this is what I did to proceed.

Once inside Auriel's Chapel hit the tilde key to bring up the console click on the Ice Barrier first and type 'disable' then click on the Arch-Curate and type 'disable' as 'kill' does not kill him then type in 'SetStage DLC1VQ07 140' which will take you to the action "Speak to Gelebor" You then need to go through the door at the back you should be able to walk through it if not open tghe console again and select door type 'disable' again tghen just follow instructions.

This is the only way I could proceed.

• 5 years later...

THE FIX: inside the chapel as the bug presents itself, type into the console "KILLALL'. This will put Serana and the Curate into bleedout and reset his dialogue. Serana should come out of bleedout but if she doesn't, select Serana by clicking on her and type "Resurrect 1" (she keeps the stuff you gave her). One more thing, the curate will run to the Shrine but then die, making the quest incomplete, but just "resurrect" him and the fight will continue.

DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!